unable to detect AX1500 as access point

2024-05-09 10:30:00 - last edited 2024-05-10 03:25:54
Model: Archer AX1500  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have an asus router connected to modem and one of it's port was connected to Archer AX1500.

strangely, i could not find the ip address of AX1500 when viewing the router connected devices on asus web admin page. Hence i could not access the web admin of AX1500.

when i first setup AX1500, i disabled the wifi and dhcp only. after i connectedthis to asus router, i couldn't access the web admin anymore.

What shall i do to access web admin of AX1500?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:unable to detect AX1500 as access point-Solution
2024-05-09 14:12:20 - last edited 2024-05-10 03:25:54

@nmaimai 

Been a while since I hooked a router to a router.

I think your issue sounds like you need to be sure the AX1500 is in AP mode then power modem, asus router, and tp link router off. Then power them up up one at a time. 

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:unable to detect AX1500 as access point-Solution
2024-05-09 14:12:20 - last edited 2024-05-10 03:25:54

@nmaimai 

Been a while since I hooked a router to a router.

I think your issue sounds like you need to be sure the AX1500 is in AP mode then power modem, asus router, and tp link router off. Then power them up up one at a time. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:unable to detect AX1500 as access point
2024-05-10 03:32:44

@nmaimai 

Hi, thanks for posting question on our community.

I am afraid that the access point settings you did on the Archer AX1500 is not totally correct.

The normal process is below:

The TP-Link Archer Router operates in Router mode by default, functioning as a gateway device with features like Antivirus/Protection, Parental Controls, QoS, and DHCP Server. However, users can choose to switch to Access Point Mode when they already have an existing router serving as the gateway device, and they simply need the Archer Router to provide Wi-Fi access.

To change your TP-Link Archer Router to Access Point Mode (AP Mode), please follow these steps:

1) Connect the TP-Link Archer Router to your existing Router, connect your PC to the TP-Link Archer Router through Ethernet or Wi-Fi.

2) Access the web management interface by opening a web browser and entering "http://tplinkwifi.net" in the address bar. Log in to the interface.

3) Navigate to Advanced > System > Operation Mode. Select "Access Point Mode" from the options and save the changes.

4) Alternatively, you can use the TP-Link Tether app. Download and open the app, log in to your router, and go to Tools > Operation Mode. Choose "Access Point Mode" and apply the changes.

5) The router will reboot and switch to Access Point Mode.

Note:

When you switch to Access Point Mode (AP Mode), certain gateway features will no longer be available, including QoS, Parental Control, DHCP Server settings, IPTV, VLAN, and DDNS etc..

Or you may refer to the FAQ directly.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 171

Replies: 2

Related Articles