LED PROBLEM

LED PROBLEM

LED PROBLEM
LED PROBLEM
2024-05-10 16:40:09 - last edited 2024-05-13 00:46:08
Model: TL-SX3008F  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.20.0 Build 20231011 Rel.42220

Couple off days ago I have  upgrade my switch to ver 1.20.0  and my network activity light went bizzar.  Sometime they do not turn on when device come online  after reboot they come led up, but when the device are disconnected they stay on. I assume that is not right?  Otherwise the switch work perfectly fine.

Funny bug.  

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:LED PROBLEM-Solution
2024-05-11 14:05:11 - last edited 2024-05-13 00:46:08

@Clive_A 

Thank your for the answer, I have isolate the problem, as I have couple of the laptop that are connected to switch via thunderbolt (qnap t310g1s). When connected to the mac the power is disconnected after the shut off, but when connected to windows thunderbolt is still providing power to the network card even after the computer is off at least in Dell Alienware m15.  That sometime seems to create some confusion for the switch  the problem is a more apparent after updating to version 1.20 on sfp+ transceivers and sfp+ transceivers to rj45.

Regards 

Marco

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:LED PROBLEM
2024-05-11 01:06:06

Hi @marco123polo 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

marco123polo wrote

Couple off days ago I have  upgrade my switch to ver 1.20.0  and my network activity light went bizzar.  Sometime they do not turn on when device come online  after reboot they come led up, but when the device are disconnected they stay on. I assume that is not right?  Otherwise the switch work perfectly fine.

Funny bug.  

You can do a comparison test by downgrading the firmware.

Commonly, for the switch, RJ45 would stay on even if the device is offline. I am not sure if this happens to the fiber as well. Is your device directly connected via fiber?

Do you have a picture of the front panel of the LED?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
Re:LED PROBLEM-Solution
2024-05-11 14:05:11 - last edited 2024-05-13 00:46:08

@Clive_A 

Thank your for the answer, I have isolate the problem, as I have couple of the laptop that are connected to switch via thunderbolt (qnap t310g1s). When connected to the mac the power is disconnected after the shut off, but when connected to windows thunderbolt is still providing power to the network card even after the computer is off at least in Dell Alienware m15.  That sometime seems to create some confusion for the switch  the problem is a more apparent after updating to version 1.20 on sfp+ transceivers and sfp+ transceivers to rj45.

Regards 

Marco

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 110

Replies: 2

Related Articles