VoIP on Deco S7 Mesh System - is it possible?

2024-05-16 01:12:23
Model: Deco S7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have the Deco S7 Mesh system 3 pack running great off our NBN service. 

My ISP have added voip to our service and have given me config info, however I can't figure out where to input the settings (username, password, SIP proxy and SIP port). I've scanned through the Deco app but can't see anything I need in there.

Can I connect my voip phone to the Deco S7 system and if so, where do I input the settings?

Options
4 Reply
Re:VoIP on Deco S7 Mesh System - is it possible?
2024-05-17 01:32:51

@Pete29 you haven't provided enough information.

What is your VoIP phone and how does the ISP allow for these devices to connect to the network, ports on the ISP router perhaps, what type of ports are they?

The Deco devices do not have VoIP functionality (which is quite common for routers) so it's necessary to understand what you have then maybe someone will know what can be done to use you VoIP service.

When I was using a VoIP line I used FritzBox and a couple of Fritz DECT handsets and setup the FritzBoz to work on the local LAN, more or less the same as using an Analogue Telephone Adapter (ATA) with a DECT phone kit that allows a conventional land line to use a VoIP connection (ie. what the ATA does).

Options
2024-05-17 02:46:15

@raven-au 

thanks for the reply.

I'm on NBN and the ISP doesn't provide a router. We have the NBN box inside the house connected to a TP-Link Deco S7 mesh system (3 pack). 1 is setup as the router, the other 2 as signal boosters.

I've also bought the Vtech Voice Comms Bridge CLSVCB (NBN ready / plug-n-play) and a Vtech VoIP handset (CLS20050EB). These are both supposedly plug and play units (the bridge connects to the router, the handset connects to the bridge wirelessly).

Options
2024-05-17 06:07:07 - last edited 2024-05-17 06:08:17

@Pete29 ok, so I've leaned something new today!!

Pete29 wrote

@raven-au  

I'm on NBN and the ISP doesn't provide a router. We have the NBN box inside the house connected to a TP-Link Deco S7 mesh system (3 pack). 1 is setup as the router, the other 2 as signal boosters.

I've also bought the Vtech Voice Comms Bridge CLSVCB (NBN ready / plug-n-play) and a Vtech VoIP handset (CLS20050EB). These are both supposedly plug and play units (the bridge connects to the router, the handset connects to the bridge wirelessly).

So you have an FTTP NBN connection, right?

Supposing you do then the nbn box you (probably) have should look like the one described in the box manual (for which I'd post a link but the forum won't allow it).

If you read through this it says that the UNI-V ports 1 and 2 can be used for telephone connections using RJ-11 connectors.

So I guess that you should be able to plug the VTECH bridge box into one of those ports.

The setup of the VTECH box has basically no information on it on the VTECH website AFAICS since it's basically a DECT base station.

I have no idea how that can work with a VoIP connection.

Ian

Options
2024-05-17 06:45:20
Not sure about those UNI-V ports, they might not work, and you can't order services for them any more, and they definitely won't work beyond 2031 if did have one that worked.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 181

Replies: 4

Related Articles