Firmware question

Firmware question
Firmware question
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello, friends. I have discovered the following:

The ER605 router model is released in various countries, and for each country, it appears to have a different firmware version. A few days ago, I updated the firmware of an SMB router, and it stopped working correctly. After investigating, I found out that the equipment I bought is from another country, and I was using the firmware from my country. The router only started working correctly again when I reverted to the original factory firmware.

My question is: how can I accurately identify which firmware for which country I should use, considering that when we buy the equipment, we don't know its origin?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Firmware question-Solution

Hi @ricardodesousaf 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

There is no regional firmware for the wired devices. All wired devices are using (UN) version.

Unless you are using a wireless product that requires a license to enter the country. That requires your additional attention to the model origin.

The specific region can be found on the label. Wired devices are all marked as (UN). Wireless are marked differently based on their country.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Firmware question-Solution

Hi @ricardodesousaf 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

There is no regional firmware for the wired devices. All wired devices are using (UN) version.

Unless you are using a wireless product that requires a license to enter the country. That requires your additional attention to the model origin.

The specific region can be found on the label. Wired devices are all marked as (UN). Wireless are marked differently based on their country.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Firmware question
2 weeks ago
Great, thanks for the help.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 88

Replies: 2

Related Articles