Cannot log in to router management page with local user

2024-05-17 16:50:30
Model: Archer C2300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.0.7 Build 20230906

Hi all,

I need some help logging in to the router management page.

I haven't logged in to the management page for a long time so I might have remembered it wrong.

As I recall, there should be an option to log in as a local user, which has the default login admin/admin, and I remember I changed the password.

But I accessed 192.168.0.1 today and cannot find the option to log in as a local user, it only allows me to log in with tp-link Cloud ID.

May I know how to log in as a local user? I also want to log in as a local user with the tp-link mobile app, is it possible?

Many thanks!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Cannot log in to router management page with local user
2024-05-18 05:57:46

@astroally 

You should be able to use tether app for managing the router remotely - here's the list of supported devices.

If you login the router with your TP-Link ID you can unbind your account (details):

Then you probably could use your local user (admin) for login.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-05-18 06:13:28

@terziyski 

Hi, thanks for your reply.

But does that I can only keep one login method?

I want to be able to log in as a local admin user and TP-link ID, is that possible?

Thanks.

Options
2024-05-18 06:32:35

@astroally 

I suppose that depends on the your router FW implementation.

For instance I can choose which method to use but that's another router model:

As I can see you're already with the latest FW for Archer C2300 v1. You can probably try login with another browser or incognito tab to check if there's any difference.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 186

Replies: 3

Related Articles