Can not log in to the TP-link IP to change the password

2024-05-24 22:10:10 - last edited 2024-05-28 01:54:57
Model: TL-WR840N  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 6.20

Hello,

I need to change the password of my Wi-Fi, however, I have trouble logging in to the TP-Link IP, while I type it in a browser. I entered the IP address of the network and it required a password to log in to the website, however, when I typed a default password of Wi-Fi, since I have not changed it after setting the router up, it showed me the following message: "NOTE: The password is incorrect, please try again.". I also tried to type the default word "admin", however, the attempt was still unsuccessful. I am unable to change the password of my Wi-Fi because of this issue. Kindly help me if you know the solution to this issue. Thank you in advance.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Can not log in to the TP-link IP to change the password-Solution
2024-05-25 09:07:05 - last edited 2024-05-28 01:54:57

@Belle-Bella18 

To change the wireless password you have to login the router WebGUI.

The administrative password for router WebGUI is different than the your wireless password.

If you forgot your administrative password you have to reset the router to its factory defaults and re-configure from scratch.

To reset the router press the reset button for about 10 seconds.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Can not log in to the TP-link IP to change the password-Solution
2024-05-25 09:07:05 - last edited 2024-05-28 01:54:57

@Belle-Bella18 

To change the wireless password you have to login the router WebGUI.

The administrative password for router WebGUI is different than the your wireless password.

If you forgot your administrative password you have to reset the router to its factory defaults and re-configure from scratch.

To reset the router press the reset button for about 10 seconds.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 131

Replies: 1

Related Articles