AX73 V2 FW Tether Upgrade

2024-05-29 09:13:23 - last edited 2024-05-30 02:31:52
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi,

Tether recently informed me of a FW upgrade for my AX73 V2 EU UK model, once installed I have now discovered it can't be rolled back.

This is a UK (EU) FW listed as 20240323 rel 70541.

However the latest FW on the support page is still the 2023 one from December 2023.

Is this new FW applicable for my EU router or has Tether sent me a US one by mistake.

If it is all ok and intended when do you plan to update the support page to show a FW download available?

On another couple of issues with your equipment I have I noticed the AX20 V3 is showing EOL, I only bought this about a year ago & thought it had 3 years left in it until EOL arrived, is there any particular reason why the AX20 might not be a good idea to use anymore?

Not the correct section but my VR2100 V1 also had a recent FW update but when I look on the support page the new FW has vanished (240308) iirc, again why has this new FW been removed, this was a chance thing as I was just making sure it was up to date before attempting to sell it on.

With any of the FW issues if they aren't supposed to be for my routers please show me a way to roll them back? If it has sent me a US FW please write one that enables the router to be put back on an EU FW.

Thank You.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:AX73 V2 FW Tether Upgrade-Solution
2024-05-29 18:39:32 - last edited 2024-05-30 02:31:52

@Bogle 

Not all regional support pages are up to date when a new FW version is issued - usually it takes time for that.

For UK you can use the global english support portal - here's the FW (EU) version you're looking for.

This FW version can't be dowgraded as pointed in the FW release notes.

Regarding VE2100 last FW - the one you've updated to is probably the one here.

It's again (EU) firmware but it was meant for Egypt (as pointed). Nevertheless I think your device should be fine with it but you should be able to revert back if you want to.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:AX73 V2 FW Tether Upgrade-Solution
2024-05-29 18:39:32 - last edited 2024-05-30 02:31:52

@Bogle 

Not all regional support pages are up to date when a new FW version is issued - usually it takes time for that.

For UK you can use the global english support portal - here's the FW (EU) version you're looking for.

This FW version can't be dowgraded as pointed in the FW release notes.

Regarding VE2100 last FW - the one you've updated to is probably the one here.

It's again (EU) firmware but it was meant for Egypt (as pointed). Nevertheless I think your device should be fine with it but you should be able to revert back if you want to.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:AX73 V2 FW Tether Upgrade
2024-05-30 02:27:01

@terziyski 

Thanks for your sharing!

For Archer VR2100, it is not suggested to upgrade firmware, as the note says For Egyptian user only.

@Bogle 

Hi, for your Archer AX20, please refer to this article on TP-Link official website: TP-Link End of Life Products

Options
2024-05-30 09:47:39 - last edited 2024-05-30 09:59:26

@terziyski 

Thank you for that info very helpful.

Options
2024-05-30 09:59:12 - last edited 2024-05-30 10:01:22

@Marvin_S 

Again thank you for the help.

I can't understand why the VR2100 offered me the upgrade tbh, I was on the UK site as far as I know, it worked fine anyway in router mode anyway, it also disclosed some of the isp settings that they really don't want us to have as well, I'll try to roll it back later before disposal.

While you're here Marvin this may help you, in the UK the isp's using FTTP & indeed FTTC use a vlan id which again they don't like to disclose to the end user unless they have to, some use 0 which as I'm sure you are aware your routers don't allow.

So when someone buys your router and tries to set it up direct to the ONT the connection never establishes, this can be overcome by contacting the isp but what they do at their end I don't know exactly but so next time you get a user complaining that your router doesn't work this may help you work around it for them, if you have a look at the reviews you'll see "it didn't work" quite a lot of the time, I spent months trying different configurations before contacting my isp, 20 minutes later it was up and running, I'd taken my original AX20 back for a refund before buying it again and using it inline with the isp junk router because I wanted the WPA3 capabilities of it, I'll have a look at the EOL section for the AX20 in a minute. I just did the EOL and it's not there but the model isn't listed anymore on the front page for all routers but when you type AX20 into a search engine it pops up with EOL alongside it on it's own support page?

The other thing I would ask you to forward for consideration is to make the DDOS protection part of the standard config on the AX55 models and upwards rather than part of a subscription.

Regards Bogle.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 381

Replies: 4

Related Articles