XE75 Pro Mesh - Wildly Unstable, Disconnects, DHCP Issues [UPDATE: 1.2.10 FW Release Testing]

XE75 Pro Mesh - Wildly Unstable, Disconnects, DHCP Issues [UPDATE: 1.2.10 FW Release Testing]

2024-06-01 03:09:50 - last edited 2024-06-10 15:52:38
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.29

Just provisioned this network as an UPGRADE to the exact same config with M5s. Which was working just fine. I just needed the extra power for the high client count, which is still well within spec at the moment. So it was an in place upgrade, added the XE75's and removed the M5s before swapping the main.

Anyways, its been royal pain. Most of this network is Ethernet backhaul. The only ones using the dedicated 6GHz backhaul are the N4X, SDX, C2X, C3X. The topology below isn't wholly accurate. You can make sense of it by following the number chronologically. N is for North, S south, C cottages.

Fast Roaming is disabled. Beamforming is disabled. I have IOT and Guest Enabled. Tried enabling the 6GHz band for use, but that's actually part of why I am posting here now.

• I try to reboot the network, it usually fails via the app and I have to resort to manually power cycling.
  • The web interface sometimes loads, sometimes doesn't.
  • I have devices that won't connect or get an IP from the primary network but will on the Guest. And these same devices had worked on the main just prior to trying out that 6GHz band before disabling. The very weird thing is that this is only when trying to connect to satellites. The problematic devices have no issue connecting to the Main deco at all.
  • The app is constantly showing satellite Deco's as down even though I know some devices are connected and working. (Maybe an app issue?)
  • Refreshing client/deco list takes forever and doesn't seem to account for everything
  • Making changes takes a long while, possibly because of the need to propagate to all Deco's? This has resulted in a lot of "failure" messages in the app. Most notably when just trying to reboot the network.
  • Some 5GHz devices are being connected to 2.4Ghz, despite being well within the 5GHz range. Notably, the office PC, which I've set to prefer 5GHz band.
  • The 2.4GHz band seems to struggle performance wise. Like considerably, not nearly within spec.Talking around 10-15Mbps where would should be hitting 500 symmetrical. 

I thought I had things pretty stable for a few days after moving a bunch of stuff to the IOT network. Before that, it was much of the same. Daily reboots were good and all devices were reconnecting. But today, I tried enabling the 6GHz band for end user, just to see, and apparently that broke everything again despite me reverting the changes.

Attaching some logs too. Any thoughts? I'm considering just resetting everything and rebuilding the network from scratch. I feel as if the upgrade process has brought a lot of baggage with it somehow? Unless there is a way to maybe SSH to these things and clean them out or something. Thanks in advance!

File:
log-2024-05-31.zipDownload
Options
9 Reply
Re:XE75 Pro Mesh - Wildly Unstable, Disconnects, DHCP Issues
2024-06-02 13:16:00

@XWEBNetwork Finally got the devices that wouldn't connect to the main to reconnect. I had to go to the Offline Clients list and delete any instances of the device. For my phone, it's pretty perplexing because it uses a random MAC to connect. But its working now.

Is there a known way to clear that Offline client's list in bulk? Or to clear caches without rebooting?

Options
Re:XE75 Pro Mesh - Wildly Unstable, Disconnects, DHCP Issues
2024-06-10 15:52:03
Upgraded all Deco's to the new 1.2.10 XE 75 PRO firmware. We'll see how this goes. 1.2.10 Build 20240325 Rel. 57182 - Published on May 31, 2024 Well, all but 1 of the units because its a V1 hardware. Rest are up to date.
Options
Re:XE75 Pro Mesh - Wildly Unstable, Disconnects, DHCP Issues [UPDATE: 1.2.10 FW Release Testing]
2024-07-22 20:07:44

@David-TP 

Still having issues with network performance. Mostly in the form of inconsistent throughput and/or devices just disconnecting and then having a very hard time reconnecting.

Reboot will resolve for a little while but its only a matter of time before another reboot will become necessary.

That being said, David, I have all V2 XE75's except for a single V1. They run different firmware as TPLink has not yet pushed to the older hardware revision. Will the entire network operate in a deficit becauase of this config?

Options
Re:XE75 Pro Mesh - Wildly Unstable, Disconnects, DHCP Issues [UPDATE: 1.2.10 FW Release Testing]
2024-08-19 12:57:14
Has anyone tested 1.2.11?
Options
2024-08-19 15:13:00

@XWEBNetwork Enable beamforming & "use device MAC" on your phone (and all the devices connected to the network) instead of randomized MAC

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options
2024-08-19 16:24:08

@ImtiazAli 

Beamforming has been, for the most part, a nuissance, resulting in greater disconnects and compatibility issues.

And that may work for a handful of devices, but we are talking 100+ devices that are constantly changing. It is simply not feasible.

Options
2024-08-19 18:25:35

@XWEBNetwork I am using .11 but in a much simpler environment - 3 units and ~20 clients.

No issues with disconnects or beamforming which is activated.  I would like to see fasteer switching (sometimes they don't switch at all), but I have consistant connections.

R

Options
2024-08-19 18:29:00

@Rhyalus Would you say a marketable improvement in stability over .10 or prior?

Options
2024-08-20 01:12:05

@XWEBNetwork To be honest, I was stable in .10 as well....  I upgraded for security sake,

Otherwise, there were no visible differences in the firmware.  Coming from the Asus RT AX88U, it is quite a shock to have so little control, I must admit!

R

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 378

Replies: 9

Related Articles