Adding Cropping Feature to VIGI NVRs

2024-06-03 02:26:08 - last edited 2024-06-04 03:40:13
Tags: #Crop
Model: VIGI NVR1008H  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

While I appreciate the the NVR's feature that supports ONVIF & RTSP in which third-party cameras can be added. There are some third-party cameras that have an irregular resolution in which black borders are present on the top&bottom or the sides. This results to the NVR saving unnecessary pixels which could take up more disk space in the long run.

In my case, the stream resolution is 1920*2160 since my 3rd-party IPC has 2 cameras and the preview compensates by adding black borders to the sides. I wanted to only have the top cam to be displayed and saved in the recording. It would be nice if there was a feature that lets the user adjust the stream cropping to the proper ratio (16:9) & resolution to save disk space.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Adding Cropping Feature to VIGI NVRs
2024-06-04 02:33:47

Hi @Paogiet 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

The worry from my point of view is that when you crop the image, it will definitely zoom in. So, the displayed area will be limited.

That's the reason why the crop is not a wise function here.

I get the point of your request but from the overall understanding of the product, it does not look like a good function. Will not be helpful to the people if they mistakenly crop the area and don't know how to revert that.

Also, it crops and fills the window, which zooms in and shrinks your view.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 214

Replies: 1

Voters 1

Tags

Crop