Migration of Software controller to OC200

3 weeks ago
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.24.0

Hello all, 

For over a year I have been running an Omada system consisting of a Router, 2 AP's and a software controller on a Raspberry pi 3b. Recently I tried to update the software controller but ran out of resources on the PI. I decided to go for an OC200 instead of a new PI. 

Now I'm stuck trying to migrate my site from the PI to the OC200. The PI is running 5.9.9, the OC200 is running 5.9.32.

I found the https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/3589/ faq page about the migration. The issue is though that the OC200 won't accept the backup file because it's another version. 

Now the issue is that the software versions can never be equal because for the OC200 I can download 5.7.6, 5.9.32 or 5.12.9. For the software controller I can download 5.9.9, 5.9.31 or 5.12.7.

How can I ever get the site migrated if the software versions are never equal but have to be equal? 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Migration of Software controller to OC200
3 weeks ago

MJan wrote

Hello all, 

For over a year I have been running an Omada system consisting of a Router, 2 AP's and a software controller on a Raspberry pi 3b. Recently I tried to update the software controller but ran out of resources on the PI. I decided to go for an OC200 instead of a new PI. 

Now I'm stuck trying to migrate my site from the PI to the OC200. The PI is running 5.9.9, the OC200 is running 5.9.32.

I found the https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/3589/ faq page about the migration. The issue is though that the OC200 won't accept the backup file because it's another version. 

Now the issue is that the software versions can never be equal because for the OC200 I can download 5.7.6, 5.9.32 or 5.12.9. For the software controller I can download 5.9.9, 5.9.31 or 5.12.7.

How can I ever get the site migrated if the software versions are never equal but have to be equal? 

Hi @MJan 

For the controller version before v5.13.11.41, the migration can be from an existing or old version to a new version. You don't need to keep the version equal.

For controller v5.13.11.41 and above, only configuration files from a controller with the same first three segments in its version number (Major.Minor.Patch) can be imported.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:Migration of Software controller to OC200
3 weeks ago

@Hank21 

Thanks for your reply! So you're saying that the migration should have been able even with the difference in firmware version? Both controller and site migration failed several times though.

Yesterday I tried updating the OC200 to 1.28.2 (5.13.24). This was sucessfull, but after the reboot I couldn't login anymore. Today I did a factory reset on the oc200 and was able to get in again. And I was able to load the backup file! Somehow it did work on this version while not on 5.9.32..

thanks anyway

Options