Deco X75 or Archer AX5400 / paired with X68

2024-06-07 05:22:00
Model: Archer AX72 Pro   Deco X75  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi all, I'm trying to solve some weak signal issues in our home.  I am wondering if anyone has experience or can confirm if I can do the following type of setup.

Option 1: Mesh Network

ISP provided optical network terminal (ONT) >> X75 >> 2x ethernet wired backhaul X68, using two remaining ports AND a wireless mesh connection to third X68

Option 2: Router with Access Points

ISP provided optical network terminal (ONT) >> AX72 Pro >> 3x ethernet wired backhaul X68 in AP mode, using three of the ports

I already have the 3x X68, which is why I'm looking at purchasing either X75 or an AX72.  I am also specifically looking at X75 or AX72 with hopes of using the extra ports and avoid having to add a switch.

Attached a diagram.

draft diagram

Thanks all for any inputs!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco X75 or Archer AX5400 / paired with X68
2024-06-11 07:54:28

@networksquirrel 

Hi,

Both topology can work.

For the first case, the Ethernet backhaul would usually be more stable than WIFI backhaul. As the WIFI backhaul may be affected by the working environment and the distance between Deco units.

And in the second case, the AX72 cannot join the Deco mesh network. If you would like to use this option, you can disable the WIFI function on AX72 and only keep Deco WIFI, then you can enjoy the Deco Mesh.

You can just compare which connection would be more suitable for your case.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 101

Replies: 1

Related Articles