Satellite decos show no clients

2 weeks ago - last edited a week ago
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.6.1

My satellite decos show no clients even if I'm right next to one of them. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Satellite decos show no clients-Solution

@Yopejjepi 

Judging from your screenshot, you have M3W as Satellite Deco. That Deco model has very old firmware, which does not show devices connected to it. In Deco app, these devices will be shown as connected to Main Deco even when they are in fact connect to Satellite Deco.

M3W is End of Life, do not expect firmware updates for it.

This most likely just reporting issue. If you would like to, you can install WiFi Analyzer app on your smartphone and it should report to which WiFi node your smartphone connects. If you want to try that, I recommend WiFiman app from Ubiquiti.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Satellite decos show no clients-Solution

@Yopejjepi 

Judging from your screenshot, you have M3W as Satellite Deco. That Deco model has very old firmware, which does not show devices connected to it. In Deco app, these devices will be shown as connected to Main Deco even when they are in fact connect to Satellite Deco.

M3W is End of Life, do not expect firmware updates for it.

This most likely just reporting issue. If you would like to, you can install WiFi Analyzer app on your smartphone and it should report to which WiFi node your smartphone connects. If you want to try that, I recommend WiFiman app from Ubiquiti.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Satellite decos show no clients
2 weeks ago

@Alexandre. 

Thanks! That makes sense.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 95

Replies: 2

Related Articles