Ldap Not working in Omada Router TPlink ER 605

2024-06-10 14:33:14 - last edited 2024-06-10 14:35:01
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.2 Build 20231017 Rel.68869

Dear Community Member,

I am configuring LDAP (Microsoft Active Directory windows server 2022 ) for setting up Ldap Authentication for VPN connection.

Referring the Documentation, i configured my Ldap Profile in Router. But it always says Failed to Connect LDAP Server.

Tried using Anonymous Mode in Router and still got the same error.

Then i used an free ldap online server which gives some credentials to to test if Ldap Client is working or not . ( Ldap Test Server : forumsys )
Used those credentials first in another test LDAP Test tool to check if the Ldap credentials is really working or not using this website  : filestash.app/ldap-test-tool
The credentials were working. But when i use those credentials in ER-605 tplink router for Ldap profile it ends up giving Error : Failed to Connect Ldap Server

These are the credentials :

Our own AD credentials are working well with other applications that i have configured but couldn't make it work in this Router

Kindly Check once and give us a solution or update regarding these.

Thankyou
Regards
Rajendra

Options
3 Reply
Re:Ldap Not working in Omada Router TPlink ER 605
2024-06-11 01:20:39 - last edited 2024-06-11 01:22:17

Hi @Rajendra_Wdipl 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Our LDAP strictly works for this setup: How to install LDAP server on Windows and work with Omada Router to achieve unified account management

Others don't or may not be supported.

If you have followed strictly with this guide, then it should work. If you are using other LDAP software or may have different parameters, we may not support it or connect to it as this feature is in its primitive phase.

Also, upgrade your firmware to the latest.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-06-13 09:38:57

@Clive_A 

I went through the documentation
Instead of OpenLdap for windows , i use Windows 2022 Active Directory. 
i used the tool recommended in the documentation ie  LdapAdminv1830 which can be used to manage the users accounts.

Filled My Active Directory Server details like IP , Port , Username and Password and it automatically fetched my BaseDN also

The Same credentials i used in TPlink Router 

I know my Port is open in my machine which lets me connect to my AD and authenticate.
Is there any setting in Router in which i have to open the port 389 in Router for communicating with my Active Directory port 389 ?
My Router Ip and the Active directory server is in the same network. 

Is the router can only connect with OPENLDAP ?

Options
2024-06-14 01:16:03

Hi @Rajendra_Wdipl 

Rajendra_Wdipl wrote

@Clive_A 

I went through the documentation
Instead of OpenLdap for windows , i use Windows 2022 Active Directory. 
i used the tool recommended in the documentation ie  LdapAdminv1830 which can be used to manage the users accounts.

Filled My Active Directory Server details like IP , Port , Username and Password and it automatically fetched my BaseDN also

The Same credentials i used in TPlink Router 

I know my Port is open in my machine which lets me connect to my AD and authenticate.
Is there any setting in Router in which i have to open the port 389 in Router for communicating with my Active Directory port 389 ?
My Router Ip and the Active directory server is in the same network. 

Is the router can only connect with OPENLDAP ?

Let's clear up one mistake.

Your LDAP is in the LAN, unless you have firewall/ACL rules on your system, or you don't have port forward or do anything at all. Because it is a LAN connection and it is allowed by default. This is how the Internet and DHCP work, very basic.

So, the answer is NO.

It can only connect to the OpenLDAP which our doc shows which was mentioned before. We don't have information on other servers. Again, we don't guarantee compatibility or promise anything besides the doc we have.

Clive_A wrote

Hi @Rajendra_Wdipl 

Our LDAP strictly works for this setup: How to install LDAP server on Windows and work with Omada Router to achieve unified account management

Others don't or may not be supported.

If you have followed strictly with this guide, then it should work. If you are using other LDAP software or may have different parameters, we may not support it or connect to it as this feature is in its primitive phase.

Also, upgrade your firmware to the latest.

If you failed to achieve this with OpenLDAP, I can help you check this further which reflects that our LDAP works. If you have other servers, I cannot help further check it.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 431

Replies: 3

Related Articles