Can't unblock previously blocked device

2024-06-13 12:34:45
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I had blocked a device that was connected to one of my decos with a wired connection. I then removed the device from the blocked list but can't get the device to reconnect.

I have tried to disable beam forming and fast roaming, rebooted all deco devices and also the blocked device but can't get it to connect

Options
6 Reply
Re:Can't unblock previously blocked device
2024-06-14 06:08:56

@Jamesyk 

Hi,

Please also check if you have set parental control for this device.

You can also let the device forget the network and reconnect.

Will certain devices have this issue, or all devices have the same problem?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-06-14 06:16:53

@Sunshine I checked and there are no parental controls set. 

Are you talking about the blocked device forgetting the network? If so, the device does not have capability to remember networks. It's a youview TV box and has 2 method s to connect via wired connection, automatic and manual. I have tried both and it won't connect. 

Not sure if it's all devices as this is the only one I have blocked. Wouldn't want to try another device in case I can't get it to connect either.

Options
2024-06-17 01:40:32 - last edited 2024-06-17 09:21:53

@Jamesyk 

Hi,

Thanks for the info. 

Please confirm if the TV can get an IP address from the Deco.

If it cannot get an IP address, please also check the IPTV settings. How to Configure IPTV function on Deco.

If it is connected and can be seen in the client list, and can also get an IP address but have no internet access, please also share the IP address it gets automatically.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-06-18 12:04:14

@Sunshine 

No the device cannot get an IP address from the deco. The device no longer appears in the client list

Options
2024-06-19 09:36:38

@Jamesyk 

Hi,

If it is not shown in the client list, please also check if the IPTV settings is enabled. If so, please disable it. Or you can test other Ethernet ports on Deco.

How to Configure IPTV function on Deco.

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID240635233, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received.

Thanks!

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, welcome to update this topic thread with your solution to help others who may encounter the same issue as you did.

Many thanks for your great cooperation and patience!

Options
2024-06-19 09:55:05

@Sunshine just to update this thread. The IPTV settings in my setup are disabled. I will update the thread as suggested when/if a solution is found thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 382

Replies: 6

Related Articles