Archer C6 v2.0 - wifi signal with a lot of interference

Monday
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.7 Build 20220613 rel.64828

Hello,

I've a problem with my wifi coverage, I've a lot of interference after 5 or 6 meters far away from the router. This is a problem that is somewhat old already but now I've the need of having a new laptop being used in other room and it has a lot of problems with the connection, one minute is 120Mbps and in another is 20Mbps, sometimes even lower.

I've purchased and installed an RE330 but the problem remains the same and then I've made an analysis of the wifi network and found out that I've a replicated wifi network with hidden ssid (image below) that i don't know what is, is some feature of the Archer?

Can you provide some help, please. I don't know what else to do and this is creating a lot of problems for my day to day work.

Thanks!!!

Options
5 Reply
Re:Archer C6 v2.0 - wifi signal with a lot of interference
Tuesday

@Mordep 

Archer C6 v2 is a Onemesh capable router and the hidden SSIDs that you see are part of that feature.

If you want to disable this feature you can do that from the router WebGUI switch button for Onemesh feature.

What you can do about the wireless interference is to switch off Smart Connect feature and use different wireless channels for 2.4 GHz and 5GHz.

You can use an app like inSSIDer to check the wireless interference around you and select different wireless channel for the Archer C6.

Then you can add your RE330 to extend the Archer C6 wireless coverage.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Tuesday

@terziyski thanks for the help, the hidden SSIDs are no longer a worry.

Using the inSSIDer i've not identifing any conflict channel but the strength of the 2.4Ghz channel is always going down, it is "normal"? I'm right next to the Archer, not in the problematic parts of the house.

Thanks a lot!

Options
Tuesday

@Mordep 

2.4GHz wireless radio flapping is not normal - try using non-overlapping channels like 1,6 or 11 for 2.4GHz band and test the signal strength again.

If this issue persists then you probably have a 2.4Ghz radio issue - try using the 5GHz band, it's quite faster and you can extend it with the RE330.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Tuesday

@terziyski Thanks!!! After changing the channels, the problem persists 😣 I will turn off the 2.4 channel but its a shame because the router is not very old.

Any other suggestions?

Options
Tuesday - last edited Tuesday

@Mordep 

Other than reset the Archer C6 to its factory defaults and if the issue still persists testing with another power supply (12 V ⎓ 1 A) there's nothing you can do more.

By the way, If the router  is under warranty you can claim a replacement from your retailer or contact your local service.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 108

Replies: 5

Related Articles