Archer ax 55 - 2.4 Ghz not stable

Thursday - last edited Friday
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.6 Build 20231130 rel.36135(5255)

P.S. Internet from the provider 100 Mbit. 2 room apartment. 5 internet devices maximum. I have a 10-year-old TP-LINK WR842N V3 router, but technology does not stand still and I decided to try something new.

I am disappointed. An old 10-year-old TP-LINK WR842N V3 router gave 50 Mbit through 2 walls in the kitchen; This router gives from 1 to 5 Mbit, although it shows all sticks. Videos on YouTube 1080p constantly slow down, you have to set it to 720p, and then pause it for it to load. On an old 10-year-old router in the kitchen, I watched 1080p video without any pauses. 

The laptop is old and only supports 2.4 GHz. The transmitter power is high. I was advised to turn on 802.11b/g/n mixed without AC and turn off easymesh and it helped a little. The speed increased to 10 Mbit, but this is still not what I wanted to see from a new router. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer ax 55 - 2.4 Ghz not stable-Solution

@deamon156 

Moving somewhat away from the topic, there is a suspicion that earlier routers used to have higher transmitter power, now it is usually limited to 20dbm.

Previously, there were few routers, and it was possible to make devices with a powerful transmitter. Over time, the number of network devices began to grow and conflicts began, so a power of 20dbm was adopted as a standard.

Now returning to your case, for starters, 2.4 GHz is now very noisy, usually from neighboring points in the immediate area.

look at what wifi channels the router is on in the 2.4 GHz range, limit the channel width to 20 MHz and set the least loaded channel

furthermore, the 2.4 network can also be affected by equipment such as a microwave oven; if it is turned on in the path of the WiFi signal, everything will be bad with the 2.4 wireless network.

2 walls are also a relatively difficult distance. If there are no doors on the signal path, but only two walls, then it is still worth trying to move the router closer to the center of the apartment.

In general, in a number of cases, due to strong conflicts and noise at the 2.4 frequency, it is necessary to abandon this frequency altogether.

the maximum that can be connected there in such cases is some smart devices, which, as a rule, do not have 5 GHz support in their network adapter.

my advice to you, buy a 5 GHz usb adapter, for example Archer T3U Nano, disable your native internal adapter in the device manager of your laptop and connect to a new router with a new 5 GHz adapter

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer ax 55 - 2.4 Ghz not stable-Solution

@deamon156 

Moving somewhat away from the topic, there is a suspicion that earlier routers used to have higher transmitter power, now it is usually limited to 20dbm.

Previously, there were few routers, and it was possible to make devices with a powerful transmitter. Over time, the number of network devices began to grow and conflicts began, so a power of 20dbm was adopted as a standard.

Now returning to your case, for starters, 2.4 GHz is now very noisy, usually from neighboring points in the immediate area.

look at what wifi channels the router is on in the 2.4 GHz range, limit the channel width to 20 MHz and set the least loaded channel

furthermore, the 2.4 network can also be affected by equipment such as a microwave oven; if it is turned on in the path of the WiFi signal, everything will be bad with the 2.4 wireless network.

2 walls are also a relatively difficult distance. If there are no doors on the signal path, but only two walls, then it is still worth trying to move the router closer to the center of the apartment.

In general, in a number of cases, due to strong conflicts and noise at the 2.4 frequency, it is necessary to abandon this frequency altogether.

the maximum that can be connected there in such cases is some smart devices, which, as a rule, do not have 5 GHz support in their network adapter.

my advice to you, buy a 5 GHz usb adapter, for example Archer T3U Nano, disable your native internal adapter in the device manager of your laptop and connect to a new router with a new 5 GHz adapter

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Archer ax 55 - 2.4 Ghz not stable
Thursday
Thank you very much for the information. Of course, I really regret that I decided to change my old router. There are no advantages from the old one yet. The router cost quite a bit of money, but in order for it to work properly, you also need to buy an adapter for the laptop. Anyway, thanks for the answer
Options
Re:Archer ax 55 - 2.4 Ghz not stable
Friday

@deamon156 

Hi, you may refer to the suggestions in the troubleshooting guide.

Options