what omada network settings allow vigi camera to connect TP link cloud?

2024-07-02 11:54:17 - last edited 2024-07-02 12:24:51
Model: VIGI C450  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: latest

hello.

network stack:

er7206 router --- Previously this was another brand router + AP combined & I had not adopted any devices into the omada site

-> sg2008p (poe switch)

----> OC200

----> EAP610 ap

----> tenda poe switch ---> tplink vigi c450 camera

i adopted all devices into omada except tenda switch as its not a tp device

omada & tenda network lan settings are both set to VLAN 1 lan traffic of all ports.

i can see the tp link vigi c450 camera website on LAN: 192.168.0.60

I can see cloud status "connected" in the Lan website & can see the camera in TP link omada website LAN dhcp devices

My mobile (android) is connected to LAN via EAP610 ap

Problem:

1. I cannot add the TP link camera to my tp cloud ID via mobile app anymore & I believe it's an issue of my omada LAN / WAN site configuration

2. If I visit the cameras website & cloud settings page I can manually bind the tplink id on the website & the mobile can see it.

But if I delete the camera from mobile & try add via mobile still doesn't work.

so seems a connectivity issue of the vigi app on android to internet/lan with my new omada network?

Question:

Can you please advise me all the different settings I should check to see why the camera is not visible in the mobile app cloud add?

I suspect it is an omada network setting because the same hardware stack (excluding the router/AP) was working previously before I switched to ER7206 router & EAP610 & adopted all the devices into omada site.

Do i need to activate UPNP or other settings?

Options
4 Reply
Re:what omada network settings allow vigi camera to connect TP link cloud?
2024-07-03 02:11:00 - last edited 2024-07-03 02:32:08

I connected a 2nd vigi c445 camera.

This camera appears in mobile app to add.

But when try add fails it says cannot connect internet/cloud.

See attached screenshot.

Seems to be omada network config or firewall?

Any advice?

Options
2024-07-03 08:05:36

Hi  @fatjoez 

Is it a new camera?

Double confirm Platform Access has been disabled.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2024-07-03 11:46:45 - last edited 2024-07-03 11:50:23

@Fae hello :)

Camera #1 - C445 - 192.168.0.235

platform access was disabled already.

i change the NETWORK settings from static IP to DHCP.

Disable Cloud Platform. Enable cloud platform. It said OK connected.

I test on mobile app android & succeed find + add camera OK

camera #2 - C450 - 192.168.0.60

- platform access disabled

- change network static to DHCP & save - ip allocated OK (same 192.168.0.60 - dhcp reservation)

-- cloud access OFF & then ON. status connected. I can click the link "bind" to open the website & bind the camera manually

---but mobile android app still not detect. "no devices found"

I'm just wondering why this problem might still exist in the android app for that camera but not the other camera & also why can bind it manually OK on the cameras website admin but still the mobile app can't see it.

do I need to keep UPNP enabled on the omada router/modem/network for vigi cameras to connect with tplink cloud?

Options
2024-07-04 08:49:51

Hi  @fatjoez 

1. It's hard to say. The mobile APP should be able to detect all cams in the same local network. What I'm thinking is, the app on your phone may only has Internt access permit, but no local network permit. 

Anyway just in case, please try to re-install the ViGi APP, and allow all network request this time. Then go to Me->Local Devices, and check if you can find the cam.

2. No that's not necessary. 

fatjoez wrote

I'm just wondering why this problem might still exist in the android app for that camera but not the other camera & also why can bind it manually OK on the cameras website admin but still the mobile app can't see it.

do I need to keep UPNP enabled on the omada router/modem/network for vigi cameras to connect with tplink cloud?

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 332

Replies: 4

Related Articles