How to switch from wireless to wired mode

2024-07-09 11:32:43 - last edited 2024-07-18 13:03:07
Model: Deco X50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.1

Hi,

I have 3 X50 units.  I mainly use wireless devices, but have some devices, including an iMac and Xbox, that can be wired or wireless.  After plugging in the cables, how do I make sure they use wired rather than wireless to connect?  Sorry - I know it's a basic question.  

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:How to switch from wireless to wired mode-Solution
2024-07-09 13:50:08 - last edited 2024-07-18 13:03:13

@Geejaysdee 

Unless you've made specific configuration changes in Deco app, Deco X50 unit Ethernet ports are the same as gigabit networking switch Ethernet ports. When you connect iMac or XBox to Deco Ethernet port it should be the same as connecting them to standard networking switch. It should just work.

Do you have issues with connecting device by Ethernet cable to Deco unit, or it is just a question in general how Deco Ethernet ports work?

If everything is right with Ethernet cable, your device should tell you it is connected by Ethernet. You can also check Deco app, for device connected with Ethernet cable and using wired link Deco app will show Ethernet link symbol.

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-07-18 13:03:01 - last edited 2024-07-18 13:03:07

@Alexandre. Thanks for your help.  I restarted the iMac and now it is successfully connected by ethernet.  Problem solved.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
2024-07-09 13:50:08 - last edited 2024-07-18 13:03:13

@Geejaysdee 

Unless you've made specific configuration changes in Deco app, Deco X50 unit Ethernet ports are the same as gigabit networking switch Ethernet ports. When you connect iMac or XBox to Deco Ethernet port it should be the same as connecting them to standard networking switch. It should just work.

Do you have issues with connecting device by Ethernet cable to Deco unit, or it is just a question in general how Deco Ethernet ports work?

If everything is right with Ethernet cable, your device should tell you it is connected by Ethernet. You can also check Deco app, for device connected with Ethernet cable and using wired link Deco app will show Ethernet link symbol.

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-07-18 13:03:01 - last edited 2024-07-18 13:03:07

@Alexandre. Thanks for your help.  I restarted the iMac and now it is successfully connected by ethernet.  Problem solved.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 190

Replies: 2

Related Articles