Archer C80 turns off wifi network by itself

2024-07-17 16:29:04
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.13.2 Build 230824 Rel.74702n(4555)

Hello everybody,

i have the issue that my router keeps turning off the wifi network by itself since one week. I log in then in the tether app and turn on the wifi network. This happens multiple times per day. Time zone is correct and there is no wifi schedule set up.

No firmware updates were done during that time either.

I am quite frankly puzzled and dont know what to do.

Any help will be appreciated.

regards

Options
9 Reply
Re:Archer C80 turns off wifi network by itself
2024-07-18 03:40:31

@iskamnet 

Hi, thanks for posting question here.

When you check in Tether App,  are both 2.4GHz and 5GHz network disabled automatically?

It is suggested to take factory reset on the router and observe whether the same issue remains. If it remains, you may contact retailer local support to confirm warranty.

Options
2024-07-18 10:12:04

@Marvin_S  hi, when i see that the wifi metwork is down i check the tether app and there i see both 2.4 and 5 ghz networks are turned off. I then turn them on and all is fine for some time.

Options
Thursday - last edited Thursday

@Marvin_S Did you somehow manage to solve this problem? I have exactly the same case. My wifi randomly turns off (both 2.4, 5). I tried resetting the router to factory settings and it didn't help.

Firmware Version:

1.13.2 Build 230824 Rel.74702n(4555)

Options
Thursday

@StepanNo Hi, factory reset didn't solve the issue for me. I just bought a new router.

Options
Yesterday

@StepanNo 

Hi, do you mean the 2.5GHz or 5GHz LED will turn off randomly? If the router worked properly before and factory reset does not help, it is suggested to contact local retailer or support to confirm warranty.

Options
Yesterday - last edited Yesterday

@Marvin_S Thank you for the reply. It is already a few months after the warranty ends. I was wondering if it was somehow related to the firmware version. I have more of these routers, and I think I also installed the latest version on one of them. Without any problems.  Any recommendations for a similar quality router from TP Link with WiFi6 support?

Options
Yesterday

@StepanNo 

Hi, 1.13.2 Build 230824 Rel.74702n(4555) is the latest firmware for Archer C80 V1.

May I confirm how many Archer C80 V1 you have? When did you purchase them? Are they using the latest firmware version?

It is also suggested to contact local support to feedback.

Options
Yesterday

@Marvin_S I have five of these devices, but only two of them have the latest version. One shows these problems, while the second works without a problem. With the latest version, it is mentioned that it is not possible to downgrade and test the lower version.

Options
Yesterday

I think I know what is happening and it's simple.

You need to enable the wifi from the webpage 192 ... ... ... and save it, I'm pretty sure what is happening is you have the router set to off at some point in the past and saved the config like that so the router now thinks it's supposed to turn it off, worth a try anyway.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 167

Replies: 9

Related Articles