Expand wifi network - how?
Expand wifi network - how?
2024-07-22 10:43:22
Model: Archer AX72 Pro  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello,

My network:

ER605 TL-R605 working as a router. It spreads network by LAN to 4 points in my house. In 1st point I have setup TP Link Archer AX72 PRO which works in Access Point mode and it spreads wireless network. Unfortunately it does not reach in some places so I want to spread another one in let's say 2nd point (linked to Router ER605). 

How can I do so to have one wireless network and which hardware should I get. It would be great if it could also have LAN out ports. 

Could you guys help me out? I thought I can get another router which can work as AP but i don't know if it would spread wifi with the same SSID.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Expand wifi network - how?
2024-07-22 13:16:07

@MatthewT17 

Any home router model can be set in AP mode and configured with the same SSID as your existing AX72 Pro (connected to ER605 LAN port).

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-07-22 15:45:59

@terziyski 

How can I do so? I don't see any options on Archer to do so. How can I set it up via router ER605?

Options
2024-07-22 16:26:39 - last edited 2024-07-22 17:00:11

@MatthewT17 

Configuring a wireless router in AP mode and setting its SSID the same as in AX72 Pro can be done through the new router's WebGUI.

Configure the new router in AP mode and its SSID the same way you did that on your AX72 Pro.

You can't configure Archers through the ER605 because they are not part of the Omada solution, which ER605 is.

To be able to configure APs through ER605 you'll need EAPs and a controller - these are all part of the Omada solution.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-07-22 17:55:03
If i setup a new router as AP, wouldn't that spread 2 SSIDs? Do I get it correctly that I need another router as AP and setup the same way to get one wireless network from 2 different points? EAPs don't really work for me in this case as they do not have any lan output
Options
2024-07-22 18:21:14

@MatthewT17 

" Do I get it correctly that I need another router as AP and setup the same way to get one wireless network from 2 different points? "

Yes, that's correct - two different APs but with the same SSID name would appear as one wireless network.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 214

Replies: 5

Related Articles