Can I convert one of the Deco BE85 system to both slave to another BE85 system?

2024-07-23 17:55:48
Model: Deco BE85  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, I am currently using an Orbi 960 with 3 satellites and am looking of replacing my current mesh to a Deco BE85. My problem is that in Canada I can only order a 2 units mesh system. Can I  get another BE85 (master/Slave units) and reprogram them so that they will be backhaul to the main BE85?  Basically, I wanted a router with 3 slaves. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Can I convert one of the Deco BE85 system to both slave to another BE85 system?
2024-07-23 18:20:12

@xavieru 

Yes, you can. 

Also, right now is an excellent time to get BE85 in Canada on Amazon, don't miss this sale:

Options
Re:Can I convert one of the Deco BE85 system to both slave to another BE85 system?
2024-07-23 21:26:41

@Alexandre. Thanks. I have ordered two sets from Amazon. How many slaves units can I add to the BE85 system? Any problems if I decided to add a third set if I needed to? My house has a lot of walls and corners. Over the years, I have tried a lot of different brands and models. My biggest beef is to connect to all 12 Google Nest cameras outside the house and view them. Inside the house, I seemed to have problems with all three of the Google displays, they are constantly losing connection even though my Orbi 960 is less than 10ft from each of them. Hopefully, the Deco BE85 will give me better results.

Options
2024-07-24 13:49:15

@xavieru 

If you add third set, that would make it six Deco units in your Deco mesh. It should be OK. Up to 10 should be fine.

I can't tell how well Deco mesh will work at your house, but Amazon has 30 days return policy and that should be enough time for you to find out and decide if you want to keep Deco mesh.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 146

Replies: 3

Related Articles