Can check the router is it being havked or getting virus

2024-07-28 01:58:08 - last edited 2024-07-31 02:04:31
Model: Archer AX20  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.1.7 Build 20230829 rel.73104

I am using a TP-Link Archer AX20. Yesterday, I accidentally enabled the guest network but didn't set a password. I immediately wanted to disable it but couldn't. I also couldn't set a password. In a panic, I somehow thought I might need to be connected via WiFi to make the changes, so I connected my phone (iPhone with the latest iOS version) to the guest network. Still, I couldn't disable it. Later, I turned the router off and on again, and then I was able to disable the guest network. The whole incident lasted about 3 to 4 minutes.

I want to ask if I could have been hacked. If someone connected to the guest network, is there a chance they could have hacked my router, phone, or other devices?

After turning off the router settings, I found that I had only enabled WPA/WPA2, not WPA2/WPA3. However, the firewall and software updates were enabled.

I want to ask if I can check if my WiFi has been hacked?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Can check the router is it being havked or getting virus-Solution
2024-07-30 05:07:42 - last edited 2024-07-31 02:04:31

@DavidCC 

Enabling guest Wi-Fi without security (password) is not an accident itself.

This is possible so you can provide a free hotspot for your guests and don't reveal your Wi-Fi password:

Besides, If you didn't enable the option above, the guest clients won't have access to your router or your LAN.

To summarize, nothing to worry about. Just make sure you're using WPA2/WPA3 as a wireless security for your main Wi-Fi.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Can check the router is it being havked or getting virus-Solution
2024-07-30 05:07:42 - last edited 2024-07-31 02:04:31

@DavidCC 

Enabling guest Wi-Fi without security (password) is not an accident itself.

This is possible so you can provide a free hotspot for your guests and don't reveal your Wi-Fi password:

Besides, If you didn't enable the option above, the guest clients won't have access to your router or your LAN.

To summarize, nothing to worry about. Just make sure you're using WPA2/WPA3 as a wireless security for your main Wi-Fi.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 203

Replies: 1

Related Articles