Client names disappeared after upgrading to Software Controller 5.14.26.1 (Windows OS 11 Pro)

Client names disappeared after upgrading to Software Controller 5.14.26.1 (Windows OS 11 Pro)

2024-07-28 22:23:22 - last edited 2024-07-30 01:38:25

Client names disappeared after Software Controller upgrade, after an upgrade from Software Controller 5.13.30.8 to 5.14.26.1.

I followed the recommended procedure from TP Link.

In the old Software Controller 5.13.30.8, I backed up with "Settings Only" and "Retain User Info" enabled.

Then I completely deinstalled the Controller from the windows settings applications, including user settings.

I then installed the new controller and it successfully imported the backup.

All other settings, incl. devices (automatically re-adopted without prompting), SSID settings, port assignments etc. are correct as far as I can tell.

Only the Client names disappeared (text to mac address mappings).

Is this expected behaviour? Did I miss something in the procedure?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Client names disappeared after upgrading to Software Controller 5.14.26.1 (Windows OS 11 Pro)-Solution
2024-07-30 01:37:59 - last edited 2024-07-30 01:38:25

@AliReza_A 

Different scenarios are distinguished here:
1. If only the client name is modified, it will not be saved in the settings only configuration file, but the client name will be saved along with the insight history data in the file containing data;

2. If the client name is modified, and other client configurations are also modified, such as rate limit, etc., the client name will be saved along with other configurations in the exported settings only configuration file.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Client names disappeared after upgrading to Software Controller 5.14.26.1 (Windows OS 11 Pro)-Solution
2024-07-30 01:37:59 - last edited 2024-07-30 01:38:25

@AliReza_A 

Different scenarios are distinguished here:
1. If only the client name is modified, it will not be saved in the settings only configuration file, but the client name will be saved along with the insight history data in the file containing data;

2. If the client name is modified, and other client configurations are also modified, such as rate limit, etc., the client name will be saved along with other configurations in the exported settings only configuration file.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 149

Replies: 1

Related Articles