File Limit on USB Media Server (DLNA)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-05-28 14:34:18
Region : Switzerland

Model : TL-WDR4300

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : TL-WDR4300_V1_130319

ISP :

I am posting this here as the subject has apparently only been addressed in the 300bps router forum to date.
There seems to be an undocumented limit on the number of files served by the DLNA Media Server. A search o the other fora will turn up several other complaints (such as this one) about this issue.
I am using the WDR430 with latest firmware (TL-WDR4300_V1_130319) and find this limitation extremely annoying, especially as there is no mention of it in the documentation, nor in any of the reviews I found. I tried adding more shares, but it looks as though the limitation is in fact on the number of files, independent of whether or not they are in separate shared folders. It would be helpful if this were at least officially documented, including the actual limit for each device. I would not have bought this unit had I known of the limitation. I have a 2 TB drive attached with over 30k music tracks which I want to serve over DLNA. Does anyone know of an alternative product which can handle this?
Options
1 Reply
Re:File Limit on USB Media Server (DLNA)
2013-05-28 15:01:04
Hi,

With all the TP-Link models, the DLNA media server doesn't work properly.
I think TP-Link not capable to develop the right code.

The only solution you have is either to install a third party firmware or to buy a new router...
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 909

Replies: 1