RTSP Fault - Causes WAP Reboot

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-08-14 10:55:00
Region : Australia

Model : TL-WA901ND

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version : 3.12.16 Build 120224 Rel.61005n

ISP : iiNet Australia

Hi All,

I have two TL-WA901ND's in my house, both running firmware: 3.12.16 Build 120224 Rel.61005n

I have a repeatable error on both units which causes the WAP to reboot spontaneously.

When I am viewing an RTSP stream from my CCTV cameras via Wireless, which are hardwired to my LAN, after a period of time, the WAP reboots/crashes. This is
confirmed by visibly seeing the Status LED on the WAP go out.

When this happens all wireless connectivity to the WAP is lost until it recovers/reboots. This fault occurs across both WAPs.

When I am hardwired to the LAN to view the RTSP stream, I have no problems which confirms it is an issue with the WAPs themselves.

Does anyone know a solution to this fault? It is frustrating as I view the RTSP streams often.

Cheers,
Richard.
Options
5 Reply
Re:RTSP Fault - Causes WAP Reboot
2013-08-14 21:28:07
Options
2013-08-15 08:04:46
Will give it a go tonight and see how it goes, then post back here. :)

Cheers
Options
2013-08-15 19:26:08
Upgraded to BETA Firmware to 3.12.16 Build 130131 Rel.53760n - Same problem.

The logs don't even record anything to indicate what/where the problem might be. :(

Sometimes I might get 5-10 minutes out of viewing a RTSP stream, other times 2 minutes. It's difficult to tell what is actually causing them to reboot, but it most definitely ONLY happens
when viewing a RTSP stream.

Do any TP-Link Techie's visit this forum which may be able to indicate or log this problem?

Both units are set to Auto for Channel. Mixed B/G/N 300Mbps.

I am using VLC Player to watch the stream in the format of rtsp://ip.add.re.ss:5480/stream.sdp

While watching the stream, wireless traffic is on average ~8Mbps which is nowhere near the throughput capability of the unit. While viewing the stream it is smooth and fluid with no signs of failure until it just drops out.

When watching the stream via a different method/protocol over wireless, there is no problem - Eg: via the web interface of the camera. So the fault is tied to the RTSP protocol.

I have no other problems with these WAPs, just this one.

Cheers
Options
2013-08-15 19:41:27
Logged a support case to TP-Link support.
Options
2013-08-15 22:55:01

AURichard wrote

Logged a support case to TP-Link support.

Good Luck and post solution given to you for the knowledge of all
Do any TP-Link Techie's visit this forum
no never, only users like you and us.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 829

Replies: 5