Severe Issues with TP-Link Archer C7: 5GHz Band Not Working, 2.4GHz Unstable, Router Shutting Down

Severe Issues with TP-Link Archer C7: 5GHz Band Not Working, 2.4GHz Unstable, Router Shutting Down

2024-08-15 11:16:13
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

I'm facing a issue with my TP-Link Archer C7 router. The 5GHz band has completely stopped working, and the 2.4GHz band is highly unstable, disconnecting every few minutes. I’ve updated the firmware, tried factory resets, but nothing seems to fix it. Also, the router occasionally shuts down on its own. This is causing major disruptions, and I’m unsure what to do next. Has anyone else experienced this with the Archer C7? Should I consider returning it or contacting the seller? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Severe Issues with TP-Link Archer C7: 5GHz Band Not Working, 2.4GHz Unstable, Router Shutting Down
2024-08-15 11:26:42

@js78477  

It sounds like you’ve tried already, but here’s what you can do next:

double-check that the firmware is the latest version and maybe even reinstall it, sometimes that alone can fix things. After that, give the router one more factory reset and set it up fresh without using any old settings. This way, you can rule out any lingering configuration issues.

Options
Re:Severe Issues with TP-Link Archer C7: 5GHz Band Not Working, 2.4GHz Unstable, Router Shutting Down
2024-08-15 11:41:49 - last edited 2024-08-15 11:42:27

@js78477 I think u should have to try a different power adapter if you have one handy. Faulty power can cause weird shutdowns and connection issues. If all else fails, it might be time to reach out to support. Where did you buy this from?" If it’s still under warranty, you might be able to get a replacement. 

Options
2024-08-15 11:51:54

@joris777 

joris777 wrote

@js78477  

It sounds like you’ve tried already, but here’s what you can do next:

double-check that the firmware is the latest version and maybe even reinstall it, sometimes that alone can fix things. After that, give the router one more factory reset and set it up fresh without using any old settings. This way, you can rule out any lingering configuration issues.

Yes, I’ve already tried that. I’ve checked the firmware and reinstalled it, and I’ve also done a factory reset. Unfortunately, it still didn’t work.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 171

Replies: 3

Related Articles