Configuring an XPON SFU with TP-Link ER706W - Can anyone help me please?

2024-08-19 04:38:35
Model: ER706W  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.2 Build 20240726 Rel.77184(5553)

Hi there.

I have an ER706W V1.0 using Firmware build 1.1.2 Build 20240726 Rel.77184(5553), which I have been using port 1 for an RJ45 to my ISP. I have now purchased an SFP XPON module which has its own interface for programming. (See URL, https://www.hitoha.moe/odi-dfp-34x-2c2-gpon-onu-sfp/ ).

I have tried to get into this interface many times with different combinations but I cannot. The router will also not let me Telnet into port 23 and gives me the message 'Connect failed' on port 23.

Tried using Factory Settings to set up.

I have tried assigning an IP address to the adapter using its MAC address - still no use.

I have no firewall settings or any blocks on this. There is clearly nothing wrong with the router SFP interface as I have been connected through Port 1 to my ISP with RJ45 SFP since I bought it but now I need the XPON to work which I cannot do without getting into the SFP module's web interface.  

How can I solve this problem please?

Why is Telnet not working as well?  Probably a separate matter but it's a real pain.

Thank you.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Configuring an XPON SFU with TP-Link ER706W - Can anyone help me please?
2024-08-20 01:51:34

Hi @Puggy 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Make sure you have enabled the settings.

Refer to the CLI guide which has clearly explained what you need to enable: https://static.tp-link.com/upload/manual/2023/202307/20230725/1910013378_ER605(UN)2.0_CLI.pdf

Regarding the SFP module, we don't have any recommendations on the modules. For its compatibility, we are not able to provide it.

AFAIK, the SFP modules from us can work with the router. But not guarantee the ISP. It should be trial and error. But most should work okay if it is a plug-and-play module with correct parameters.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 117

Replies: 1

Related Articles