Connectivity problem
Connectivity problem
2024-08-20 08:25:35
Tags: #Configuration #Ping
Model: TL-SG3428  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hello,

first time using TL switchs, i have a problem when i ping from PC-A to PC-B, note that i didn't enter any configuration that's mean that the switsh is on the factory config, i just plugin the ethernet cable of PC-A in Port 1/0/1 and PC-B on port 1/0/2. I tried ping between the two pc but it didnt work.

Also i tried to ping the default interface of the default network which 192.168.0.1 and the ping is succed. So the to PCs ping 192.168.0.1 and didn't ping each other.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Connectivity problem
2024-08-21 01:07:13

Hi @ghost124 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

You should connect your router to the switch. The switch is not a DHCP server unless you configure it to be but that'll be a whole different story and purpose.

If you just need the switch to become a large port extender, you should connect the router to it and the rest of the ports will get Interent.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 140

Replies: 1

Related Articles