Deco X50 and E4 problem (connection preference, IoT network, device isolation))

2024-08-20 18:37:19 - last edited 2024-08-20 19:20:44

Hi,

I have mesh network made of 3 deco X50 V1 with special IoT network for my IoT devices and I've been using features like signal preference, connection preference and device isolation.

However, the signal is unstable in one bedroom where are couple of IoT devices (smart plugs, switches, humifider,...nothing really important) that keep disconnecting so I decided to add E4R V2 to that room for those IoT devices only. At first I could not add IoT devices from that room to E4R but I managed when I switched them from IoT network to main network. Devices are now stable on E4R but I lost features like connection preference and devices isolation within the whole network as well as the ability to add devices to IoT network? Also, I don't know what happened to my whole IoT network and devices on it that I established before adding E4R? How to solve this issue???

Regards,

Lorena

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco X50 and E4 problem (connection preference, IoT network, device isolation))
2024-08-21 03:48:48

@Lorena0505 

Hi

A few advanced features might disappear from the Deco APP or become different after mixing different models, here are some examples for your reference.

These features are available as long as the main Deco has it:

VPN Server/Client, Static Routing, Changing WAN MTU, HomeShield (Parental Control) etc.

These features are available only when all Deco units in the network have it:

IoT network, WPA3 encrption, Reboot Schedule, Connection Preferences for client devices.

These features are independent ones, not related to other Deco units:

Signal Source selection for satellite units.

If you are considering adding a new Deco, it is advisable to exchange the E4 model for for an X50 model that aligns with the hardware version currently in use at your residence (the hardware version can be located on the label at the bottom of the product, beginning with V or Ver).

Options
Re:Deco X50 and E4 problem (connection preference, IoT network, device isolation))
2024-08-21 12:35:20 - last edited 2024-08-21 12:37:40

@Joseph-TP 

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

But for now, I'm not sure if it is economic to buy new advanced Deco for 5 Iot devices in one bedroom. I deleted E4 from my mesh system, and now advanced features returned. 

Maybe I can establish a completely new network made of E4 deco only (I have a pack of three)? So I can have a mesh network made of 3 x50 for the main network and then a new mesh network made of 3 E4 for IoT devices? What would be pros and cons for this system?

Also, is E4 V2 ever going to be updated so it can support advanced features that  I have been using (IoT network, devices isolation, connection preference)?

And is there a list with deco models that support advanced features?

Regards,

Lorena

Options
2 weeks ago

@Joseph-TP 

Hi,

Can you please confirm that Deco M5 supports IoT network, device isolation and connection preference. I am thinking to add M5 to my X50 mesh network  buy I don't want to loose my advanced features as I did with E4.

Thank you.

Regards,

Lorena

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 157

Replies: 3

Related Articles