Deco M5 V2 Wifi Performance degraded

2024-08-25 12:49:17
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.7.8 Build 20240719 Rel. 70981

Hello, I'm experiencing issues with Deco M5 v2 with the Wi-Fi performance, signal strength and speed being very degraded. The speed test runs only less than 2 Mbps in download/upload speed and for signal strength it is only 2 to 3 bars even though the unit is very near to me. The firmware version is already updated via Deco app, but the issue still persists. Does anyone also having this kind of issues? M5 details below. Please help. Thank you.

Model: Deco M5
Firmware version: 1.7.8 Build 20240719 Rel. 70981
S/N: 218C266C00203 US/2.0

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M5 V2 Wifi Performance degraded
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

@Tpasds 

Hi,

Is it the WIFI speed? Have you tested if the wired speed is normal or not?

You can change the WIFi settings to 5G only, stand next to the main Deco, make sure the device is connect to the main Deco and test again, check if the speed will be better.

Was it working normally before? 

Please also provide your network topology.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Deco M5 V2 Wifi Performance degraded
3 weeks ago

Hello @Sunshine thank you for the reply. My isp plan is 600mbps download/upload, This is my first try, I tried it to connect in the ethernet port and it is normal it can reach almost 600 Mbps download and upload speed. My network topology is only the modem -> Deco M5. Eveything works fine in deco app but the only problem is the Wifi signal strength and speed. I have notice the signal strength is very low even the unit is beside me, is it possible my deco M5 has hardware issues?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 96

Replies: 2

Related Articles