Deco P9 power line physical set up

3 недель назад
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi. 
im looking to purchase this product to get a full mesh system in my house, however I'm hesitant as it is very unclear how the power line part actually works or is sett up. 

I know how normal power line adapters work with a plug which has an Rj45 port under it but with these deco p9's it looks to me it's all done just through a single power cable with no need for an Ethernet cable. Can anyone clarify please, as I was under the assumption that power line used the earth cableing however it looks like the power cable from videos is just poz and neg as it's a generic figure of 8 power unit. 

clarity with images would be great if anyone can assist as the images in the website don't help at all for my purposes. 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco P9 power line physical set up
3 недель назад

@GeOrGe50 

Hi,

The main Deco needs to connect to the modem/main router via Ethernet cable.

And the satellite Deco units do not need to connect to the main Deco via Ethernet cable. They can transmit data via WIFI and powerline.

General Questions about the Powerline or PLC Backhaul Feature of Deco

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
3 недель назад

@Sunshine thank you for your esponce.

can i confirm though that by "powerline" you mean that there is no need for any other cables to be plugged in? and this feature uses the power supply unit that comes with the device to transmit the data, with no need for aditional thingds?

For example, if i plugged in the first unit to the router and mains power at point A and wanted to plug the second unit at point B which was on the same mains power but out of wifi range, the second unit will provide wifi from it at point B just from being pluged in to the mains. 

thank you for your responce and thank you in advance for any further responces. 

Options
2 недель назад

@Sunshine are you able to advise on the other questions at all please ? 

thank you. 

Options
2 недель назад

@GeOrGe50 

Hi,

Usually the powerline backhaul and the WIFI backhaul will take effect at the same time.

It does not need more cable connection after you set up the Deco system, you just need to power on the units after the configuration. Please make sure the two units are plugged in within one power circuit. 

In this case, the powerline backhaul will work automatically if there is no Ethernet cable connected.

You can go to the Deco APP to check if the powerline backhaul is working or not.

If the WIFI connection is weak, the powerline backhaul will still take effect. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 118

Replies: 4

Related Articles