Archer C54 wont connect via PPPoE

2024-08-27 02:20:00
Model: Archer C54  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Using a fixed wireless service and our service provider just upgraded the Wireless Network Termination Device. Now our C54 router will not connect to the ISP via PPPoE.

I have replaced the lan cable, ISP has verified there is nothing wrong with the new termination device. I can connect via a laptop using a PPPoE connection and can verify the service is working but the C54 just fails to connect.

Log in details are correct. I have reset factory defaults and tried setting it up from scratch but no luck.

Not sure how I can attach a log file to this post?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer C54 wont connect via PPPoE
2024-08-27 08:08:14

@Jase74 

What you could do is to conatct your ISP and they should be able to tell you (from the logs on their side) what the real issue is.

To attach the C54 log file you could use this icon:

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-08-27 23:37:22

@terziyski Yes I have already been dealing with the ISP and they are saying the issue is with my router. I can create a PPPoE session on my laptop and successfully connect inplace of the router so its definitely something to do with the C54.

Ok I have managed to attach the router log, had to place it in a zip file.

File:
syslog.zipDownload
Options
2024-08-28 02:39:04 - last edited 2024-08-28 04:30:46

@Jase74 

Make sure you're with the latest FW release for your C54 - here.

If your ISP uses MAC address protection, clone the laptop MAC address to the C54.

Try again and if the issue persists you should contact your local support for further assistance.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 160

Replies: 3

Related Articles