Compatibility question

Compatibility question

Compatibility question
Compatibility question
3 weeks ago
Model: Archer BE550  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi i recently installed the be550/9300 wifi 7 router and am very impressed. 

However there are many dead spots in the house and I had hoped to add a few deco 65 satellites to create a mesh system as my house is already wired for ceiling mounted mesh satellites. 

I have a gigabit switch also. 

My question is should I return the router and just buy the new deco whole home system or could I could i add deco satellites to the router I have.?

I definitely need 2 x satellites on ceilings. 

Thanks in advance for the help 

Kind regards Adam 

Options
6 Reply
Re:Compatibility question
3 weeks ago

@AdamGSK also would the router work as the hub fit the two satellites. I just assumed they would work together. Thanks 

Options
2 weeks ago

@AdamGSK 

Hi,

Both methods would work.The differences are as below.

Deco devices can work with Archer BE550, however they cannot establish a mesh network, which means they will broadcast two separate SSID.

So if you want only one mesh WIFI in your home, it is recommended to only use Deco Mesh system.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2 weeks ago

@Sunshine thanks so much for your reply. I returned the 550 as I could not get the coverage for the house. 

I am wired through each ceiling with cat 6 e and just would like to get a deco hub and two or three ceiling mounted satellite nodes. 

Would you recommend a good hub and node system? I was looking at poe 50 but would need more signal. I need a hub router and two ceiling mount satellites nodes but I can get stand alone nodes for dead spots. As I have a lot poe capacity. 

Thank you for your help and advice 

Options
2 weeks ago

@AdamGSK 

Hi,

If you need POE connection, then here are two Deco models for your choice.

Deco X50-POE

Deco BE65-POE

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2 weeks ago

@Sunshine thanks so much for your help. 

I can't find the 65 in the TP LINK amazon but the 50  are. 

Would the 65 be much better performance? 

Also will I need a router to the fibre modem for these to connect or does the fibre modem just connect to one and it becomes the master or main node? 

Thanks for all the help. 

Problem is that I have my ceilings wired for these and maybe I could have done things a better way but it's too late now as the house is built. 

Options
2 weeks ago

@AdamGSK does anyone know much about this one     BE25 BE3600? 

It's supposed to be on the market from tomorrow and I was wondering if this would be the best ceiling mounted system? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 112

Replies: 6

Related Articles