BE800 UI gets inaccessible after some time
BE800 UI gets inaccessible after some time
2024-09-01 09:59:50
Tags: #Web GUI Management #Stability
Model: Archer BE800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Archer BE800(EU)_V1_1.1.5 Build 20240528

Hi tp-link team,

I am using my Archer BE800 as an access point. This is working mostly well. However after some time (2-3 weeks) the BE800 User Interface gets inaccessible. If I try to login with the Tether app, the app does not find any devices. If I try to login using the web interface, all that is visible is the blue tp-link background image with the top status line. The box where credentials can be entered is missing completely.

Otherwise the access point is working as it should, i.e. the WiFi is available, it connects to the internet and the LED screen displays the weather as configured.

If I power cycle the BE800 everything returns to normal - the Tether app is discovering the BE800 again and the web interface lets me enter my credentials. However I would expect from a network device not to have stability issues and work flawlessly without having to power cycle it every few weeks. This is in fact the first router after years that exhibits this behavior and it seems software related (i.e. fixable). Can you please look into it?

Thanks!

Options
3 Reply
Re:BE800 UI gets inaccessible after some time
2024-09-01 20:52:25

Done. Firmware version is now: 1.1.6 Build 20240808 rel.26673(4555) - not that I expect this to resolve the issue. It appeared in every single firmware version up to 1.1.5. I will keep you updated.

Regards

Options
3 weeks ago

@CongoKing 

Hi, it is also suggested to upgrade Tether APP to the latest~

Options
2 weeks ago

So the BE800 user interface crashed again and is not allowing me to login. This applies to both, the web interface accessed via browser and the login via tether app. What next? Is there another way to restart the router except switching it off and on again?

be800-no-login-screen

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 115

Replies: 4

Tags

Related Articles