Help configure my router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Help configure my router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Help configure my router
Help configure my router
2013-05-28 22:50:39
Region : Germany

Model : TL-WR841N

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,
I recently bought a TL-WR841N router and am not able to configure it to avail wireless internet. I stay in a hostel and it has a port where i use a cable to connect to the LAN port in my laptop. I connect to the internet using VPN(username/password that i had got when i got the room) on my system. Whenever i have to connect to the internet i have to fill in the credentials and then only it gets connected.

Now i choose the PPPoE and give the credentials but still at the end an error message comes up with "No Internet Connection Detected". Please help me out.
Options
4 Reply
Re:Help configure my router
2013-05-29 16:59:36
If you try to connect a WIFI router on a hotel network, then you probably need to setup your WAN Connection Type as dynamic.

Moreover, you will probably need to enter a login and a password on a web page once connected to get access to the internet as there is probably a firewall/proxy in to control who is connected.

Eventually you may use an Autohotkey macro on your PC to automatically enter the login/password provided by the hotel
Options
2013-05-31 02:18:42
I will tell you how i generally connect to the internet. First i connect the wire from the wall port to my LAN port. I instantly get a LAN ip which is 192.168.*.*. After i am connected to this i connect to the VPN which asks for the username/password. On providing the credentials i get connected to the internet with an ip - 212.201.*.*. So until i have an ip of this range i cannot connect to the the internet rite?
I tried to do as you said as well by setting up WAN connection as dynamic. The set up completes fine in this case but no internet.
On which web page should i enter the login/password. How can i check those firewall/proxy?
Options
2013-05-31 17:40:24
Generally, we can clone wan mac address or change lan IP address or set pppoe to let the router with modem. In your case, quite possible that this router cannot support this kind of vpn authentication. That could be a reason.
Options
2013-06-01 19:08:02
so is there no way i can make this router work with my vpn connection? a waste of money?
Options