How to tell if TL-SG2218P is old or new version?

a week ago - last edited a week ago
Model: SG2218P  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I recently bought a TL-SG2218P. The specs on the store I bought it from list it as the fanless model. However, there is a small fan on the left side. I noticed the photos on the TP-Link site also have the small fan: https://www.tp-link.com/us/business-networking/omada-switch-poe/sg2218p/

Is this the old version that's marked as EOL on the TP-Link site? How can I tell?

The bottom of the switch says "Model: TL-SG2218P(UN) Ver: 1.6"

https://d.sb/ My setup: 10Gbps fiber internet, ER8411, 2 x EAP670, Mikrotik CRS312-4C+8XG-RM, Omada software controller in Docker.
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:How to tell if TL-SG2218P is old or new version?-Solution

aaaaHi @Dan15 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Dan15 wrote

@Clive_A I can't find any stores in the USA that are selling the new version - they all say they have the version with the fan. Do you know if the new version is available in the USA yet?

Refer to the actual model number and version. Go to the support page and check out the firmware if that has been changed to the new naming.

Should be (TL-)SG2218P V1.20.

Our support team and I don't have the information about the shipping. Usually, if a model is listed as "New", it means it is under transition and would take several months to become available in stores.

If you'd like to know details about the availability, try out the sales email. They probably can let you know about this information.

You can try out different sources:

https://www.tp-link.com/us/where-to-buy/#Online%20Stores

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:How to tell if TL-SG2218P is old or new version?
a week ago

Hi @Dan15 

It looks like the EOL one. You can consider returning it.

For the new naming, you can check this out: JetStream Series Upgraded to Omada Series

Some have upgraded to the new naming and the firmware continues. Some are not.

On the official website, it is listed as EOL.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
Re:How to tell if TL-SG2218P is old or new version?
a week ago

@Clive_A I can't find any stores in the USA that are selling the new version - they all say they have the version with the fan. Do you know if the new version is available in the USA yet?

https://d.sb/ My setup: 10Gbps fiber internet, ER8411, 2 x EAP670, Mikrotik CRS312-4C+8XG-RM, Omada software controller in Docker.
Options
Re:How to tell if TL-SG2218P is old or new version?-Solution

aaaaHi @Dan15 

Dan15 wrote

Refer to the actual model number and version. Go to the support page and check out the firmware if that has been changed to the new naming.

Should be (TL-)SG2218P V1.20.

Our support team and I don't have the information about the shipping. Usually, if a model is listed as "New", it means it is under transition and would take several months to become available in stores.

If you'd like to know details about the availability, try out the sales email. They probably can let you know about this information.

You can try out different sources:

https://www.tp-link.com/us/where-to-buy/#Online%20Stores

Recommended Solution
Options