Changing Internet Service Provider (ISP)

a week ago
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, I am changing my internet service provider (ISP) from BT cabled internet to Community Fibre which is superfast fibre in a few days time.

My current BT router is hard wired into via ethernet cable into the main Deco M4 node.

I will be getting a new modem/router from Community Fibre.  Can I simply unplug the ethernet cable from the old BT router into the new Community Fibre router?  Do I need to change any settings in the Deco app?

Many thanks!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Changing Internet Service Provider (ISP)
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@LondonLad 

Hi,

If you set up the internet configuration on the BT router, and Deco is using dynamic IP or set up in access point mode, and you also dial up with Community Fibre modem router, after you switch ISP, then the Deco should be able to work directly when you plug it direcly into Community Fibre router.

However, if you set up internet on the Deco units, usually you need to reconfigure it after change ISP.

If you have any issue when set up the Deco unit, you also call Technical Support directly to get help.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 77

Replies: 1

Related Articles