Adding "mesh" to Archer C5400

a week ago - last edited Friday
Model: Archer C5400  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I have an Archer C5400 which I've been very happy with. However, some parts of the house is a bit to far away to get a strong wifi signal. I've noticed in the C5400s specs that it has "support for mesh". What does this mean really? Could I add some Deco units for example?

I have a PoE Access point on one floor, but I don't think it's working very good.

Any suggestions? I'd like to add 2-3 devices to extend wifi, ethernet cable is available and power at one spot (PoE would be preferable on the other).

Or should I perhaps retire the old C5400 and go for a M9, X60 or XE75 system...?

Thanks for any tips/ideas.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Adding "mesh" to Archer C5400-Solution
Thursday - last edited Friday

@ErikSweden 

Hi, thanks for posting question on our community.

I am afraid that Archer C5400 does not support any mesh technology(Onemesh, Easymesh or Deco mesh). So where did you see "support for mesh"?

Only Deco units can work together if you want a  Deco mesh network. This article is for your reference.

For your network, it maybe a good choice to choose Deco units to set up a mesh network, if you want to achieve WiFi coverage on different floors of your house.

It is suggested to know more about Deco network, especially this article: How to Choose the Best WiFi Booster - 12 Recommended TP-Link WiFi Boosters

If you are interested in Deco, welcome to start new thread in our Deco section for more professional suggestions~

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Adding "mesh" to Archer C5400-Solution
Thursday - last edited Friday

@ErikSweden 

Hi, thanks for posting question on our community.

I am afraid that Archer C5400 does not support any mesh technology(Onemesh, Easymesh or Deco mesh). So where did you see "support for mesh"?

Only Deco units can work together if you want a  Deco mesh network. This article is for your reference.

For your network, it maybe a good choice to choose Deco units to set up a mesh network, if you want to achieve WiFi coverage on different floors of your house.

It is suggested to know more about Deco network, especially this article: How to Choose the Best WiFi Booster - 12 Recommended TP-Link WiFi Boosters

If you are interested in Deco, welcome to start new thread in our Deco section for more professional suggestions~

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Adding "mesh" to Archer C5400
Thursday

@Marvin_S Thanks for your repyl. I got the (mis)information from a swedish price comparison site (prisjakt).

I'll check out the articles you suggested.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 66

Replies: 2

Related Articles