TP-Link RE305 stopped finding 5GHz network

a week ago - last edited Friday
Model: RE305  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20171115 Rel. 41733

My TP-Link RE305 stopped finding my router's 5GHz network, after working for years without any issues. I've reset it several times, I've renamed the SSID of the 5GHz network, the current channel is 36. I'm in the EU. Nothing helps, no 5GHz.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TP-Link RE305 stopped finding 5GHz network-Solution
Friday - last edited Friday

Update: I updated the firmware and now everything is working again! It seems there is some juice still left in the oldie.smiley

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:TP-Link RE305 stopped finding 5GHz network
Thursday

@Kellin 

Move the RE closer to your router and try again to configure the RE. If that doesn't help It's quite possible that your RE305 went faulty.

Conatct your local support for further assistance on that. If that's the case, probably it's time to consider buying a new device for replacement.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:TP-Link RE305 stopped finding 5GHz network
Friday

@terziyski Yes, I've already tried that, with the RE less than a meter from the router. No dice. I guess its time is up. 2.4GHz still works, but that's slow.

Options
Re:TP-Link RE305 stopped finding 5GHz network-Solution
Friday - last edited Friday

Update: I updated the firmware and now everything is working again! It seems there is some juice still left in the oldie.smiley

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 85

Replies: 3

Related Articles