WiFi routers supporting SNMP

Friday - last edited Saturday
Tags: #SNMP
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.6 Build 20231130 rel.36135(4555)

I've been using at home an old MR600, which worked quite fine until now, but it was about time to renew it.

I dediced for a Archer AX55 and to my surprise, it seems that it doesn't suppor SNMP, and apparently most of the home wifi routers don'r either.

I would really appreciate it if someone can provide a list of home/soho wifi routers supporting SNMP, because I need it.

Thanks in advance.

Options
7 Reply
Re:WiFi routers supporting SNMP
Friday - last edited Friday

@JesusM 

I've seen SNMP supported on some of the old modem routers.

Recently, there's no SNMP support for home grade wireless routers - check this and this thread.

Business routers though support SNMP for sure.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Friday

@JesusM yes, I saw those threads, so that's why I asked for a list of devices supporting it.

Jumping to the business catalog looks a bit too much. It's hard to believe that TP-Link dropped something like SNMP, I can't understand why, and most likely it will force me to change to a different vendor :-( 

Thanks for your input.

Options
Saturday

@JesusM 

Hi, thanks for posting question here~

I can understand your needs, while Archer MR600 and Archer AX55 are two network devices. Archer MR600 is a 3G/4G router but Archer AX55 is a common wireless router.

If you changed Archer MR600 into AX55, I guessed you used wireless router mode on MR600 before?

I have confirmed that our wireless router models do noy support SNMP, and most 3G/4G router models support SNMP.

So do you still want a supported list of 3G/4G routers?

Options
Saturday

@Marvin_S when I got the MR600 I needed mobile data support, because the only broadband provider available was not reliable at all.

At this moment I don't need it. But if only the 3G/4G(/5G?) routers support SNMP, I could use one of these, in the same way I'm using the MR600 today, just ignoring the mobile data part.

So if that list of routers with SNMP exists, yes, of course, I'd appreciate it if you can send it to me.

Options
Saturday

@JesusM 

Hi, now I can understand your situation.

It is hard to list you all the model and hardware that support SNMP. But if you are interested in similar model and functions like Archer MR600, I recommend the model and their hardware version below for your reference:

Archer MR400 V4/V5
Archer MR500 V1
Archer MR600 V3/V5

Options
Saturday

@Marvin_S thanks for the list.

The problem is that those are very old routers, with outdated features :-(

Apparently TP-Link is dropping the 3G/4G series, and not introducing SNMP in the new routers. I fear none of the available ones will fit my needs.

As said, thanks anyway for the list.

Options
Yesterday

@JesusM 

Hi, it is a pity to hear that.

As I know, Archer MR600 is not an old model, actually.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 129

Replies: 7

Tags

SNMP
Related Articles