Can someone help me with my two router wireless setup?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-08-16 17:20:51
Region : Others

Model : TL-WR740N

Hardware Version : V4

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Here is my planed setup. The main router is a TL-WR740N, but it does not have enough wireless range so i bought a TL-WR743ND (which also has the TL-ANT2412D antenna attached to it) and since i want to place it outside of the range of the main router, i want to use a network cable to pass the signal to the TL-WR743ND and i need both routers to distribute a wireless signal of course. What settings should i use?

I want to point out that i spent hours trying different settings, but all the time i run in to the same problem - i would configure a router and then, suddenly, i can't access the router anymore and i have to reset it and start from the beginning. I don't know how normal it is, but sometimes, no matter what router i configure, i browse through the settings with only the router attached to my PC (without the internet cable plugged in) and suddenly it lose access to it without even changing anything.

Would love some input on this since i can't get this setup working for weeks.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Can someone help me with my two router wireless setup?
2013-08-20 17:08:35
Since you want to use a network cable to pass the signal to the TL-WR743ND and i need both routers to distribute a wireless signal, you can configure the TL-WR743ND as a wireless access point. Here is the instruction for you: www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=417.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 418

Replies: 1