TP-LINK AC1750 Archer C7 v2 - WDS - DHCP packets not being forwarded to main router

TP-LINK AC1750 Archer C7 v2 - WDS - DHCP packets not being forwarded to main router

Yesterday
Tags: #wds
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 3.13.34 Build 131217 Rel.60903n

I have configured the TP-Link to use WDS to connect to my main router, which is an Asus ATX-11000.

The wireless connection seems to work, I can ping the main router, other IP addresses on the internet, but dhcp is not working. The TP-Link is not forwarding client dhcp packets to the main router. So clients plugged into the TP-LINK ethernet ports they don't get an ip address, default gateway, dns settings, etc.

Even though DHCP is disabled on the TP-Link, I still configured the default gateway and primary DNS, based on posts in the forum, but that did not help.

If I manually configure the clients ip, gateway, dns, then they can access the internet, but I need to get the dhcp working.

Has anyone got this to work.

The actual WDS setup went very smoothly.

One other question, does the TP-LINK's wireless connection also support clients connecting? Ideally, I don't want that, I just want the ehthernet ports to use the main network, using the wireless link as a backhaul.

Options
4 Reply
Re:TP-LINK AC1750 Archer C7 v2 - WDS - DHCP packets not being forwarded to main router
Yesterday

@csl1965 

Here's the guide for building WDS on Archer C7 v2.

There's no need to configure default gateway and primary DNS since its DHCP server should be disabled.

I saw the C7 FW is from 2013, probably you should update its FW to teh latest version and test again - here.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:TP-LINK AC1750 Archer C7 v2 - WDS - DHCP packets not being forwarded to main router
11 hours ago
Thanks for the quick reply, I upgraded the firmware, and WDS is now working correctly. Getting great speed on the 5 GHz band for the back haul.
Options
2 hours ago
The 5 GHz backhaul failed. I am back to using the 2.4 GHz band as the backhaul. I am not sure if it's the Asus ATX 11000 that doesn't support the 5 GHz backhaul reliably, or if it is the TP-LINK
Options
an hour ago

@csl1965 

What I would do is to set a static wireless channel on the Asus router 5GHz band and test the backhaul stability again.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 43

Replies: 4

Tags

wds
Related Articles