Votes

PPPoE passthrough on ER605

2 weeks ago
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.6

It would be nice to have PPPoE passthrough on the ER605, as some ISPs allow customers to buy multiple IPs but only allow allocation through multiple PPPoE sessions

Options
5 Reply
Re:PPPoE passthrough on ER605
a week ago

Hi @Daves_ 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Will the disable NAT work for your scenario where you need multiple IPs?

Best Regards! On Holiday If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
a week ago

@Clive_A hi, no it wouldn't because that would mean that my lans would loose internet access. This is a scenario where most devices on the network are fine with sharing one wan ip, but some may require a public ip, and that would mean establishing a PPPOE connection.

I believe this was previously a feature called PPPOE server in omada

Options
a week ago

Hi @Daves_ 

Daves_ wrote

@Clive_A hi, no it wouldn't because that would mean that my lans would loose internet access. This is a scenario where most devices on the network are fine with sharing one wan ip, but some may require a public ip, and that would mean establishing a PPPOE connection.

I believe this was previously a feature called PPPOE server in omada

Hmm. I don't think we have PPPoE server in Omada before. Do you recall this correctly?

And, if you are dialing from the router, you only pass one NAT which should be fine.

You mean a specific device would require a public IP on it?

Will that be One-to-One NAT?

ER605 now has a new beta supporting the Disable NAT function which means if you have a local server that needs a public IP, you can disable the NAT and allow one LAN device to use that public IP. Dial the PPPoE from the server.

Best Regards! On Holiday If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
a week ago

@Clive_A my post was basically about the possibility of using the "PPPoE/Broadband dialing" in windows as indicated here: How to set up a PPPoE connection on Windows 8&10 | TP-Link Australia is this possible with the Disable NAT function?

Options
a week ago

Hi @Daves_ 

Daves_ wrote

@Clive_A my post was basically about the possibility of using the "PPPoE/Broadband dialing" in windows as indicated here: How to set up a PPPoE connection on Windows 8&10 | TP-Link Australia is this possible with the Disable NAT function?

Yes. With the disable NAT, and this one, you can dial from your computer directly. The Disable NAT beta has been updated. See - Disable NAT on Omada Router

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 114

Replies: 5

Voters 1