Deco P9 internet speed problem

2024-09-24 19:49:58
Tags: #deco p9
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1 Build 20240716 Rel. 60900

I have a 3-pack of the TP-Link Deco P9 model. According to the product specifications, it should provide speeds of up to 800Mbps, but the devices are only delivering a maximum of 200Mbps.

When I connect directly to my internet modem via cable and run a speed test, I get 970Mbps, confirming that my internet service provider is providing 1000Mbps. All my devices and the mobile app have the latest firmware and software updates installed. I also reset the entire network and set it up again, but the result hasn't changed.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco P9 internet speed problem
2024-09-25 06:01:56

@brkzkn 

Hi,

Please check if it is the link speed that limits your real download speed.

How to check link speed.

When you test the wireless speed you get, make sure the device is connected to the main Deco, and there is no other device doing high bandwidth behaviour that may the results.

If the speed is still slow, please refer to the troubleshooting steps here.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 85

Replies: 1

Tags

deco p9
Related Articles