Deco change from AP to Router mode

Wednesday
Model: Deco  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.5 Build 20240718 rel 44414

I have an EX220 with a Deco X50 set up in AP mode (plus 2 other wirelessly linked X50s)

I want to switch the X50 back to Router mode.

As I have never done this, I don't know what will happen next: -

Does it simply restart the Deco and all the clients pick up on wi-fi again?

If this works, should I then attempt to remove my EX220 and simply move the ethernet cable directly to the network provider WAN port - I'm happy to lose the ethernet ports on the back of the EX220 by doing this

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco change from AP to Router mode
Thursday

@NickJJ 

Hi,

For your case, you need to set up the internet configuration on Deco devices. 

Here is a guidance for your reference: Deco Setup Walkthrough(For Deco X20/X60/X90/P9/M4/S4/E4/W2400 etc)

If you do not have the related information from your ISP, please contact them first to get it.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 48

Replies: 1

Related Articles