AX6000

AX6000

AX6000
AX6000
Thursday - last edited Thursday
Model: Archer AX80  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Don't understand this whatever I do I cannot get my nest outdoor cameras to connect to this router. I've shut off the 5G. I've shut off the smart connect. I've made sure it's on the right security. And it still refuses to connect. Never had an issue like this before with a router. Any  advice would be appreciated. I should add that I can connect the cams with the stock credentials provided in the box. But once I make my own credentials is when I have the issues. I believe I've tried every scenario to try to get these to connect

Update 

So restarting the process all over again instead of making my own SSID and password I use default settings. And I'm able to get the cameras to connect. Not sure I understand why this is happening. I can't make my own SSID and password? Any input would be helpful thank you

Options
6 Reply
Re:AX6000
Yesterday

@Mslav 

Hi,

Usually after you change the SSID and password, you need to reconnect the camera to the new WIFI. You can refer to the camera user guide and check how to change the WIFI settings on the cameras.

Besides, please also check if there is any error message when it failed to connect. 

Make sure that there are no special characters in the SSID which may cause the issue, and you can also create a 2.4G guest network as a test.

And you can also contact camera support to check if you need to change any settings on the router.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Yesterday - last edited Yesterday

@Sunshine 

I will tell you exactly what I did. Reset the router. Started from scratch with the app. 

Made my SSID example FBI Surveillance.

Then made my password example Mar241967. Got the internet up and running my phone is connected to the internet. I go into the settings shut off smart connect. Then I go in and check my security settings and change them to. WPA2/wpa3 personal like all my other routers. Disable 5G. Exit let it save. At this time I've removed the camera from my account unplugged it starting from scratch. Connect the camera add a new device it finds it. Skins for Wi-Fi. Finds it three bars for a signal. Put in my password as I have set up. Tries to connect feels to connect error code 223. Which means couldn't find or connect to the Wi-Fi selected. Meanwhile it could see it there was perfect signal. It just refuses to connect. My other routers are set up the same way same security. Secondly I enabled the guest account. In my cameras connect to the guest account no problem. But they won't connect to the network that I have set up. This makes no sense to me. The guest account is WPA WPA2 security and the cameras connect to it. So I switch that same security to the network I set up. And tried to sign in and they still don't connect. So something really does not make sense here. Sorry for the long post but this is exactly what I did. Firmware and everything is up-to-date I just don't have the version right now as I switched back to my other system until I can figure this out

Options
Yesterday

@Mslav 

It's your security settings, camera's, consoles, tv's, printers and tablets generally only work with WPA2 at the most atm, as you said it works on the guest using WPA2 but not on the main, also check you haven't AP isolated anything as well as this will stop comms, other than that it's your camera playing up, I've got a tablet that does it and won't connect unless there's no security so it gets used as a dumb media plater only now.

Options
Yesterday

@Bogle 

But I set the main to WPA2. And it still doesn't connect. In the setup there are three options WPA/wpa2 doesn't work. WPA2/wpa3 doesn't work. I think the third one is wpa2/psx? Or something like that.  I have an old D-Link. Is set to WPA2 wpa3  personal and the cameras connects fine. I have a router from my provider WPA2/wp3 personal and it works fine. All I wanted to do was to upgrade to something newer and better and obviously it's not going to work for me.

Thanks for helping

Options
10 hours ago

@Bogle 

Even at the end of the day. I shut the security off. No security no password. And the cameras would not connect. Now that absolutely does not make any sense. I have more invested in the cameras than I do this router so guess where the router is going? Straight back to Best Buy 

And thank you for trying to help anyways

Options
9 hours ago - last edited 9 hours ago

@Mslav 

Only other thing that springs to mind is you have AP isolation switched on on the main network and not of the guest.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 88

Replies: 6

Related Articles