Security authentication dropouts

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-08-22 06:18:07
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WR841ND

Hardware Version : V8

Firmware Version : 3.13.33 build 130506

ISP :

3.13.33 Build 130506 Rel.48660n
Hardware Version:
WR841N v8 00000000

My problem (resolved) was both my windows machines 7 and 8 would after a period of a day or so not be able to connect to the router. The error message would be along the lines of "network settings do not match" or "security key incorrect" etc.

Looking around the Internet it seemed quite a few people where having the same issue.

It only happened on windows machines, android and apple devices would be able to reconnect no problems. The issue was definitely with the security key. Using WPA2 personal. If I switched security off the machines would reconnect.

Rebooting computer did not help.
Latest drivers on computer did not help
Forgetting network and trying to reconnect did not help (security key wrong message)

However rebooting router (power off.on) would allow machines to reconnect.

I naturally assumed a windows problem. Even completely re installing windows on one machine (brand new machine so not a big hassle, nothing much was on it apart from the OS). Finding latest drivers for wifi adapter etc. nothing worked.

Then a new FW for the router came out. The one I'm am using above.

Installed it and it all works fine (so far, been up about two weeks)

Just thought I would let everyone know here in case they were having the same issue.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Security authentication dropouts
2013-08-22 13:31:14
Thx
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 353

Replies: 1

Related Articles