Android device does not connect succesfully

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-08-24 19:14:42
Region : Spain

Model : TL-WA850RE

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 3.14.8 Build 130622 Rel.81738n

ISP : Jazztel

I have installed the TP-Link as a range extender and most of my devices (PCs and Androids) connect succesfully but there is one that is giving me a hard time.

The one that is not working is an Android 4.1.1 when trying to connect with DCHP it loops with the message "obtaining ip address". After reading some forums I tried setting up a static IP address and for that I look at the parameters available in the TP-Link Web-based Management Page. Now the device connects succesfully to the TP-Link but there no internet.

I have also installed the latest TP-Link firmware and configured the LAN from smart-ip (DCHP) to static IP but can not managed to get the internet working on this device.

Any ideas for other things I could be doing?

Thanks
Options
2 Reply
Re:Android device does not connect succesfully
2013-08-28 17:50:25
Do you mean other devices are working properly?
If it is, the range extender is working fine and there is no any other settings we can change.
You may try to set a different wireless channel on your wireless router. After that, the channel on range extender will change automatically.
Options
Re:Android device does not connect succesfully
2013-08-28 17:55:44
Thanks, I managed to solve it by changing the SSID of the range extender. As soon as I did this and added the login/password in the problematic android device, it connected to the network succesfully : )
There must have been some sort of conflict using the same SSID as the main router...but only for this particular android device...not sure why...but now solved.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1764

Replies: 2

Related Articles