About the driver of WN8200ND for WIN8

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-08-24 23:19:34
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WDN4800

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

The Windows 8 Compatibility List says its driver for win8 is coming soon, is there any more specific prediction about it?

My device doesn't work stably on win8 using the driver for win7, sometimes it suddenly disconnects for like no reason.
Options
3 Reply
Re:About the driver of WN8200ND for WIN8
2013-09-09 11:29:53
I'm afraid you have to wait for their Win8 driver
Options
WN8200ND Driver for Windows 8?
2013-09-18 16:50:00
I asked the same question about Windows 8 drivers two weeks ago after buying this device from Amazon. Amazon didn't say anything about compatibility at the time of purchase and I assumed (wrongly!) that as the WN8200ND appeared to be a current product, that it would include drivers for an operating system that has been available for best part of a year!

My email to TP-Link was answered within two hours, which was an impressive response time. However, it would appear that TP-Link's employee's promise to chase up the developer, hasn't kick-started anything yet.

I've bought several products from TP-Link and all of them, until now, have worked very well. So, come on TP-Link, don't spoil your good service record and get these guys moving! After all, it can't be rocket science.
Options
Re:About the driver of WN8200ND for WIN8
2013-09-19 19:24:07
OK folks, I can't be bothered to wait forever for a TP-Link Windows 8 driver for the WN8200ND. The chip used in this product is a Realtek RTL819xCU. A quick search in Google for "RTL819xCU_AutoInstallPackage" brings forward a driver package from April this year that includes Windows 8 drivers.

This is a zipped file of about 30Mb and the best thing to do is to download it to a new folder and unzip it. Don't do the auto-install, but open Control Panel> System and Security> System> Device Manager> Network Adapters and choose the TP-Link adapter. (My TP-Link Adapter is shown as "300Mbps Wireless High Power USB Adapter") Click on this and open the "Driver" window and then click on "Update Driver". You'll be able to select the file folder for the Realtek driver and confirm update. It installs in seconds and now my connection and internet speed is much improved.

I'm not trying to teach granny to suck eggs here , but there may be those who are not completely computer savvy. Good luck!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 434

Replies: 3

Related Articles