MA180 WCDMA Only selection..

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-08-25 15:17:13
Region : Malaysia

Model : MA180

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP : Celcom

Hi, I've been using other broadband usb modem like this, but only this TP-Link modem is the one that i have problem with.
The problem is, i just want to set my modem network mode to be "WCDMA only", I've done this simply by choosing the drop down menu in other broadband manager software. The thing is, I couldn't find any setting of network mode in this TP-Link model MA180-v2 broadband manager software. At my place, the 3g signal of my isp is very low and my broadband will often select the best signal network if the signal drops below 2 bar. My solution for a stable connection is to set my mode to "WCDMA only". :(

Any help would be great.. Thanks
Options
2 Reply
Re:MA180 WCDMA Only selection..
2013-09-04 10:47:42
I meet the same problem. But i found that normally TP-LINK will connect automatically.
Options
Re:MA180 WCDMA Only selection..
2014-07-09 19:27:26
I also need to set the Modem to connect "3G only". Using the MA260 but having the same issues.
The moment it switches over to 2G the connection stops working, then I have to manually restart the connection.
The connection manager does not provide this option to lock it to "3G only".

I have found the AT commands

`GPRSONLY' : AT^SYSCFG=13,1,3FFFFFFF,2,4
`3GONLY' : AT^SYSCFG=14,2,3FFFFFFF,2,4
`GPRSPREF' : AT^SYSCFG=2,1,3FFFFFFF,2,4
`3GPREF' : AT^SYSCFG=2,2,3FFFFFFF,2,4

but I cannot seem to communicate with this modem not even via putty with serial
None of the other connection managers I have downloaded recognises the modem

Please help me to send AT^SYSCFG=14,2,3FFFFFFF,2,4 to this modem so I can have a stable connection.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 418

Replies: 2